Exorcist: The Beginning

Tools    

Exorcist: The Beginning (Exorcist 1V)

Release Date: August 20, 2004

Official Website

Trailer

Starring: Stellan Skarsgård, Isabella Scorupco, Alessandra Martines, James D'Arcy, Ilario Bisi-Pedro, Ralph Brown, Alan Ford, Andrew French, Antonie Kamerling, Eddie Osei, Julian Wadham

Plot:

In the aftermath of World War II, Lancaster Marin finds himself in the remote Turkana region of Kenya. Haunted by memories of the war, he has taken sabbatical from the priesthood and journeyed far from his native Holland. He has come to lead the archeological excavation of a mysterious, Byzantine church, buried in pristine condition as if on the day it was completed. Directly underneath the church, Merrin discovers a much more ancient crypt- and finds himself face-to-face with unspeakable Evil.
Madness descends on the local villagers and the contingent of British soldiers sent to guard the excavation. Merrin watches helplessly as the atrocities of war are repeated against another innocent village-atrocities he’d hoped to never see again. The blood of innocents flows freely on the East African plain, but the horror has only just begun…
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	1_small.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	3010   Click image for larger version

Name:	2_small.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	3011   Click image for larger version

Name:	3_small.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	3012   Click image for larger version

Name:	4_small.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	3013   Click image for larger version

Name:	5_small.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	3014  

Yyeeaaahhhhhh....I dunno. I hope it's good, but....

I gotta say though, Stellan Skarsgård is an AWESOME actor. So I hope it's good mostly for his sake.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

This movie was supposed to be released last year but it kept getting pushed back. I really want to see how it turns out.

The trailer and plot seem interesting. I will definitely have to agree with the above about Stellan Skarsgård being an awesome actor. Even if the film were to flop (which if the trailer is any indication, it won't) his performance would be worth seeing.

I want to see this one. I liked the other films and films of this kind. The Omen was another good series except for part 4.

i will see this but im not really looking too forward to it.

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
i will see this but im not really looking too forward to it.
I dunno about the whole idea behind this film...

the trailer is pretty good though, they did do a good job w/ that. I might see it, though i'm not too sure at the moment.

Originally Posted by ProfGreen
I dunno about the whole idea behind this film...

the trailer is pretty good though, they did do a good job w/ that. I might see it, though i'm not too sure at the moment.
its all about father Merrin's first exorcism that he performed in Iraq i think. They talk about it in the Exorcist so this will just show how it happened.

My computer won't let me look at trailers because it stinketh mutcheth but I saw a trailer on the show Coming Attractions and it was awesome. It doesn't compare to the trailer on the Exorcist director's cut though, whew that thing was SWEET!
And found he was eating his shoe.

There are some bad omens at play here...production delays and the director backing out during the editing process chief among them...but I've gotta say, the trailers look quite good.

I'd be more interested in seeing a documentary on ghosts or exorcisms in the theater than a made up movie. And the plot to this movie seems bland and regurgetated next to the original. I don't think it's needed even though it looks to be promising.

Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
Looks like a great horror flick..... We need another good one.. It's been awhile.

There's no way I'll be seeing this in the theater, even for free (folks, it was directed by Renny Harlin!!! He's Joel Schumacher without as many opportunities). But I will be renting the DVD eventually, as they've promised to put Paul Schrader's version on there as well. They really shortchanged that man. What were they expecting when they hired him?!? If they wanted a Renny Harlin level flick, hire somebody that hacky, and not Paul Schrader. Geesh. The power of Christ does definitely not compell me to watch this bad film.

What a waste.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

dont judge the movie already, just because of the director, i'm still gonna see AVP in 2 weeks

Doesn't seem like it will have much competition for opening weekend, so maybe more people will go see it than normally would. The trailer looks okay, but not as suspenseful as the original.

I am definitely ready to check out EXORCIST: The Beginning! It come out on the 20th of this month. Did anyone watch the E! Special of the Curse of the Exorcist? Do you believe it?