How Come The Box Office Forum Hasn't Been Updated??

Tools    

BKB
How about it Yoda?? You're a movie website with a Box Office Forum where the last movies posted regarding box office haven't been posted since March??

Weekend Champion: Onward
Onward
$10.60m
#1. Onward
$9.17m
#2. Bloodshot
$9.10m
#3. I Still Believe
$5.89m
#4. The Invisible Man
TOTAL BOX OFFICE FOR WEEKEND OF 3/13/20

This is the biggest problem I have with this website is you're a movie website, you supposedly enjoy discussing movies, but apparently frown on discussing box office and now I can see why?? Why is this??

How about it Yoda?? You're a movie website
TIL Yoda is actually a website. Dafuq Yoda? You're a website?!?

How about it Yoda?? You're a movie website with a Box Office Forum where the last movies posted regarding box office haven't been posted since March??

Weekend Champion: Onward
Onward
$10.60m
#1. Onward
$9.17m
#2. Bloodshot
$9.10m
#3. I Still Believe
$5.89m
#4. The Invisible Man
TOTAL BOX OFFICE FOR WEEKEND OF 3/13/20

This is the biggest problem I have with this website is you're a movie website, you supposedly enjoy discussing movies, but apparently frown on discussing box office and now I can see why?? Why is this??

You can update it yourself.

See how that works?

And maybe no one else bothers because what exactly is there to discuss here?

BKB
You can update it yourself.

See how that works?

And maybe no one else bothers because what exactly is there to discuss here?
What exactly is there to discuss here?? You ****ing kidding me?? How about MI:7 opening along with any other holdovers?? Look, clearly, the people who post at this site don't give a shit about box office, that much IS clear which is baffling considering you're a movie website, so what do you mean there isn't anything to talk about??

BKB
TIL Yoda is actually a website. Dafuq Yoda? You're a website?!?
You knew exactly what this meant considering he or she is the only Admin on this site, so now what??

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
It's baffling a supposed cinephile would care about the box office information so much they'd moan about it in such an enraged way. See, the main point of a movie forum is people discussing films either casually or on a deeper level. I'm sure you can easily find factual information such as box office records somewhere else. But I don't think it's vital to know which film sold the most tickets this month. It doesn't say anything about its quality or how worthy of seeing it is. Just like the net worth of an actor says nothing about their talent.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

This topic was already asked before and the answer was that he didnt wanna do it anymore.

Pack your bags kids, it's curtains!

BKB
It's baffling a supposed cinephile would care about the box office information so much they'd moan about it in such an enraged way. See, the main point of a movie forum is people discussing films either casually or on a deeper level. I'm sure you can easily find factual information such as box office records somewhere else. But I don't think it's vital to know which film sold the most tickets this month. It doesn't say anything about its quality or how worthy of seeing it is. Just like the net worth of an actor says nothing about their talent.
It's baffling a cinephile wouldn't discuss box office information when you consider how down the box office is due to the pandemic and it doesn't help when movies are going straight to streaming instead of going where they were meant to be seen which is the Silver Screen.. I understand why they did the streaming thing during the pandemic, but that's over and people need to make a better effort to return to the movies and not allow something like this to affect that??

people need to make a better effort to return to the movies and not allow something like this to affect that??

Do we? Curious. How about all those small businesses that went under during said pandemic? No duty to revive them? Myself I am rooting for the strike. Not the actors, the writers, or the studios, just the strike itself. A good forest fire makes room for new trees.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I understand why they did the streaming thing during the pandemic, but that's over and people need to make a better effort to return to the movies and not allow something like this to affect that??
Plenty of topics to discuss that.

I don't like this new era of streaming
Everyone Seems To Pay More $$$ For Cable/Streaming

We don't frown on people for discussing box office stats or new releases. You're obviously allowed and encouraged to do that. You're looking at only one link on the forum and basing the entirety of your opinion on that. If you want to discuss new releases, there's plenty of room for that in "Upcoming Movies & Sequels" and "Business & Box Office Discussion". Really, this is nothing to get enraged over.

We don't frown on people for discussing box office stats or new releases. You're obviously allowed and encouraged to do that. You're looking at only one link on the forum and basing the entirety of your opinion on that. If you want to discuss new releases, there's plenty of room for that in "Upcoming Movies & Sequels" and "Business & Box Office Discussion". Really, this is nothing to get enraged over.

Dude, no disrespect, but you're not a website, are you?

Dang, how'd you know?

BKB is not yelling at you. Ergo, you're not a website.

This is the biggest problem I have with this website is you're a movie website, you supposedly enjoy discussing movies, but apparently frown on discussing box office and now I can see why??
We don't frown on it at all. We frown on equating it with quality or treating it like a score.

Analyzing box office is super interesting and something I greatly enjoy. I play HSX and used to play other box office games, and have a handful of fun, exciting memories about it. But that's because I know what it does and does not mean. It's an interesting subject in and of itself, to study what does well and why...but not as some kind of proxy critique of films or fan bases. That's the distinction. I'm positive I've said this before.

Anyway, the box office area doesn't reflect anything other than a) we stopped updating it around COVID (note the date) and b) nobody seemed to care because the information is readily available elsewhere.

Haven't decided whether to update it or replace it.

I thought this sort of manufactured drama died out with RT?
WARNING: spoilers below
I seem to remember someone being able to look up IP addresses to suss out trolls. That was so long ago though. VPN's made that obsolete I suppose.