Am I the only one who hates Avatar????

Tools    

I couldn't stand it....

15,000 feet above you and falling fast...
No, quite honestly I didn't really like it much either. It wasn't that good, imho.

I dislike it so much, I haven't been able to get through it once. The main character (Sam Worthington) is such an idiot. There is no way in the world a person would act the way he does. Total disreguard for everyone around him. Putting their lives in risk so he can go chasing monsters 10 times his size or run through a field (tard). Not to mention his acting was terrible.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Wow! I really liked Sam Worthington's character. He's probably lived his whole life in the shadow of his Superhuman Brother and he's physically incapacitated, but his Mind and Spirit are enormous. Once ready to get into what he has to do, he moves his body quickly into his pod; once in his pod, he moves quickly outside the confines of it. I was sold on his character almost immediately. Aside from the wonderful 3-D flying scenes, which were very subtle and not flashy at all - they were just wonderful, it's the Worthington character which sells me into the movie. Who wouldn't want to be close to that woman who hated him and saved his life, against all natural instincts (from her side?).

Look, I'll admit that Cameron has some limitations, especially as a writer, but I'll also have to say that I'm sorry about the fact that he can create a plausible romance between people from "opposite sides of the tracks". Cameron also likes to go into hyper-army-and-tech zones to try to win over the males in the audience who may believe he's too much of a wimp. In this case, he dumbs down his flick and makes the actual Main Bad Guy (Giovanni Ribisi replaying Paul Reiser in Aliens) a complete stick figure. That SUCKED!! because Ribisi is a very good actor. Now, you may ask, isn't Stephen Lang, as MR. MACHO MILITARY, really the bad guy? I say no. Lang is actually a semi-complex character because he at least has to change his feelings about certain characters, especially the Worthington one. Besides, when I watch a super-pumped-up Lang, it only reminds me of what a wimpy, scared, indecisive character he was in Last Exit to Brooklyn. Perhaps that's why I give that character some slack from being a complete Hitler since I've seen his vulnerable side elsewhere.

Anyway, I'll admit that Avatar is quite a maddening film. It should be better because it should be shorter. About halfway through, when it kicks into its Pro-Green world combined with its Militarism is Bad (I actually think it is), it goes quite a bit downhill and slows down on everything I find good about it. Even so, there are enough things good about to make me give it a
. You see, I can say that half is 4/5 and half is 3/5. I realize that if you don't like it (for whatever reasons), then you'll think I'm a nut. I don't care how much money a movie makes or how much it redifines some unspoken envelope. I just care if it moves and entertains me. And there are a lot of different ways I can be moved and entertained.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Somehow i get the feeling if the Director wasnt James Cameron and the flick pulled in a pedestrian 120 mill or so, it wouldnt get near the hate.

It deserved the hype, it was a beautiful movie. Good too.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
The posting of this review is obviously a shallow and obvious attempt at seeing how many pos reps can be gleened.

don't forget to do your part.

&feature=related

&feature=related

The main character (Sam Worthington) is such an idiot. There is no way in the world a person would act the way he does.
Oh pleeeeze What world are you living in

The movie was beautifully made, and had some amazing visual effects. The plot, however, was nothing original. It was very predictable, and provided a modern day twist on Pocahontas. However, there are some that could argue that no idea can truly be original anymore, so was it simply making what we already know greater?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I liked avatar. I think it got too much hype and too much praise, but it was a fun way to waste an afternoon with friends, and isn't that what pretty much all we want from a movie?

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I liked avatar. I think it got too much hype and too much praise, but it was a fun way to waste an afternoon with friends, and isn't that what pretty much all we want from a movie?

Actually, I want to have a fun way to MAKE an afternoon with friends, not just pass time. That's what TV is for.

Definitely, we all just look for entertainment in a certain sense. However, a great film tells us something about our society as a whole, and better yet, ourselves after viewing.

Yeah I saw it like twice as well and didnt really like it myself, cgi was amazing, but storyline was just odd.
Some films do get hyped up alot for some reasons but doesnt mean its one best films ever.

Saw it in 3D at an Imax - it was pretty awesome - but the hype is much the same as when Cameron made The Titantic. It didn't impress me the same way Terminator 2 did, or Pulp Fiction, or even Inception - films I immediately wanted to see again.

YOU ARE NOT! I still can't believe it's the highest grossing movie of all time or the fact that it has all the hype that it has. Plus, haven't we seen this movie in such movies as Dances With Wolves and Pocahontas? Even before the the story has been reused. Also, when I saw it I was made to see it in 3D and I get motion sickness So there you go, you're not alone.

Avatar is well made, great graphics and all that, but its well over hyped as it has a **** cliche' story and is effectively a parody of James Cameron's back catalogue, using his same ideas already used in his previous films.

So i saw avatar i actually even saw it twice and i dont see at all what the hype is about it. People are like its the best movie ever made and thats the biggest lie iv ever heard. Granted the cgi is amazing but the story and characters and everything else is in it is so generic and has been done before. Avatar isn't even original anyone watch Fern gully as a kid? its the exact same story. Even has the story based around saving a tree that gives life.
Does anyone else not like Avatar???

Its not a best movie and i too even found it average.