Elektra

Tools    

I know we have some comic book guys here so maybe someone can answer this for me.

After watching the crapfest known as Daredevil I understood Elektra to not have any special powers... simply a ninja assasin type chick.

IMO the previews for the new movie make it look like she's some type of super powered chick... Did she magically gain these powers all of the sudden? I mean come on, she couldn't even beat up Ben Affleck, now she kicks everyone's ass?!?

My Top 100 favorite movies.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I don't know either dude, all I know is this looks to be craptacular like it's predecessor.

In short.. WORST.SPINOFF.EVER

i don't think that there is any actual tie to Daredevil, or that the two stories will be related at all

Well yes she was originally just a ninja but when Frank Miller and Bill Sienkiewicz reimagined her for her own (awesome) comic, 'ninja' apparently translated to invincibility, mind control, psychic transmigration, switching peoples' bodies and a bunch of other weird, nonsenical abilities.

Can anyone tell me what comic storyline this movie corresponds to?

As they say in the Elektra features "This movie takes place years from DareDevil. So i'm guessing she trained harder and kicked alot more ass.

For me i can't wait to see this film. Probably because i think Jennifer Garner was really good in "Alias".

ya but who cares about alias. Was she good in daredevil?

I thought she was one of the few decent aspects of DareDevil (Kingpin being the other)... especially when you consider the crap she was given to work with.

Originally Posted by thankyoucomeagain
ya but who cares about alias.
i do.

Originally Posted by Electric Wizard
I don't know either dude, all I know is this looks to be craptacular like it's predecessor.

In short.. WORST.SPINOFF.EVER
Ya, it seems I will be casting my vote with the Electric Wizard here. I'm a fan of Jennifer and all, but this looks real bad.

And this is my BOOMstick!
One word - garbage.

Originally Posted by Nitzer
One word - garbage.
Oh,yeah.

I'm certainly not going to argue with you Does look like it might have some neat FX, though we've probably seen them all in the trailer.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
From what I heard, is that, in Daredevil, she "faked" her death, and that this is her story from that point on, and her becoming what she is, whatever that may be. Still, sounds hokey.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I actually think this looks pretty exciting. Although I can watch Jennifer Garner in anything, really.

But it's going to have some stiff competition.

What will open at number one? Racing Stripes or Electra?

Racing Stripes has the definite star power advantage, and is aimed at kids, who will see anything, but Electra will target teen boys. Hmm.

Personally, I can't wait to see this film.

From the clips I've seen and the early buzz I've read, this one looks to be a winner.

The first review on the IMDB reads as follows:

"My wife and I went to the premiere of Elektra last night at the Palms in Las Vegas. The show was definitely action packed and showcased Jen Garner's strong physical and acting ability. I thought this might be just another "kung fu" type of flick but I was pleasantly surprised that there was a good story line, some romance, and (of course) plenty of action scenes that were well crafted and interesting.

The supporting case was strong and good cross section of "evil" people. We particularly liked the effect when the bad guys were defeated. The crowd that we saw the movie with definitely liked the film.

You should take a look at this one when it comes out next Friday, January 14th."

Also, for what it's worth, Howard Stern seemed to like the Elektra movie very much. He may live rude and crude but he seems to have a good "everyman" opinion on films.

He said he wanted a superpower and then he said (paraphrasing)

Howard: I saw that Elektra, over the weekend.

Artie: Was it good?

Howard: Yeah it was, you know I love that Superhero stuff.

Artie: She looks hot in it

Howard: Yeah really, Jennifer Garner IS hot. She's posing through whole thing.

Artie: Was it better than Daredevil?

Howard: Oh yeah definetly.

Good enough for me, I'm there this weekend.

You do realise that most the initial reviews on IMDB are forms of advertising, ie from the distributers/production companies and are obvioulsy going to be biased towards the film.

Elektra is a little better then DareDevil. I liked it, probably because i love Jennifer Garner.

I just came back from seeing Elektra. Comparing it to Daredevil, this was well worth it. Elektra's character was broadened and her background explained fully. Both Elektra'a life and the sub-plot with Abby were perfect together.
Although, I have one problem. When Elektra's Sai Daggers are thrown at or she stabs a villian, they turn to dust???? There's no fighting or action at all! Totally lame. Literally, the only two sequences in Elektra with any action was "where it all began" and the well portion with Roshi with at least some good action.
Overall, the film could have been better!

My grade:

To bad bout da action. I saw it to and it could of been much better.