What is your favourite Batman Film?

Tools    

I have to return some videotapes...
Dark Knight

The Dark Knight, hands down.

In the Beginning...
After 23 years, it's still my favorite.

Batman (1989) is a close second (and was the first film I ever saw in theaters), but Mask of the Phantasm comes dangerously close to the definitive interpretation of Batman for me. Paul Dini always had a razor-sharp bead on the character. Not to mention, the film holds up well and I find that I watch it as regularly as I did when I was a kid.

1.The Dark Knight
2.Batman (1989)
3.Batman Forever
4.Batman Begins
5.Mask of the Phantasm
6.The Dark Knight Rises
7.Batman Returns
8.Batman (1966)
9.Batman & Robin

Batman Returns and it's not even close. I think it did the best job of balancing a fantastical atmosphere w/ mature themes. TDK was pretty good but came across as cosplay in a grimdark crime drama set in Chicago. Not a big fan of Nolan's brand of socio-political undertones ether tbh.

Personally my favourite is the dark Knight due too Heath ledger as the joker but if I was a critic I would say Batman begins or Tim Burtons original Batman are best Batman movies Batman begins is probably the best though the origin story is incredible dealing with Bruce Wayne's traumatic loss of his parents as a child his longing for revenge as a young adult his experience with desperation and crime becoming a part of the league of shadows and devoted him self to a belief then dealing with betrayal and having to restructure his beliefs in order to become a watchful guardian over Gotham and to use fear against those who prey on the fearful

Dark Knight even though it was hyped and is overrated in my opinion.

Dark Knight even though it was hyped and is overrated in my opinion.
i don't see how the top 15 film in the all time movies is overrated,now u will tell me that the godfather is overrated.!!!!! or people just want to underestimate anything these days or what!!!!

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman
3. Batman Begins
4. Batman Forever
5. Batman Returns
6. The Dark Knight Rises
7. Batman and Robin

Nolans best film in terms of style and confidence is The Dark Knight, it's like he's on a whole other level. I think the third act of TDK gets a little tedious, but the first 90 minutes or so is just what classics are made of. Performances that generate excitement, insanely slick action scenes that are generated from events of the plot, and scenes of dialogue that resonate forever with fans. I consider it a fantasy crime epic, not even a superhero movie.

i don't see how the top 15 film in the all time movies
Wait, what The Dark Knight is in the top 15 of all time movies? Do you mean your 15 favourites or are you saying it is somehow a consensus that it is a top 15 film of all time? If it is the former then it doesn't apply to what he said, if it is the latter then there is no such thing.

Probably The Dark Knight followed by Batman and Robin. And then maybe The Dark Knight Rises.

I think Batman's overrated. The movies are great to see as an experience when they come out for the first time in theaters, but they seem gloomy and dull to revisit. The last time I tried watching 1989's Batman, I thought it was so horribly made that I can't believe the respect it gets. But I was watching a VHS tape of it. I have found that Blu-ray can make bad movies feel 1,000 times better. Anyone ever notice that?

Wait, what The Dark Knight is in the top 15 of all time movies? Do you mean your 15 favourites or are you saying it is somehow a consensus that it is a top 15 film of all time? If it is the former then it doesn't apply to what he said, if it is the latter then there is no such thing.
Check empire online top 500 movies of all time and u ll see the dark knight at nb 15

That is a horrible list. Still even if you agree with it, it doesn't represent some consensus, well a consensus among the people who put together the list but not much else.