Best Of The Year/Every Year

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Consider adding more non-English language films.

Thank you.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Join in and show us what to watch.
Phew, find valuable art yourself, you lazybones.

I'm doing alright you pompous bones.
Good for you. Too bad this thread does not reflect that.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Consider adding more non-English language films.

Thank you.
I have to see more before I can do that. This isn't a end all list, rather a current one.

Best Actress 2013

Here are my nominees:

Sandra Bullock- Gravity
Meryl Streep- August: Osage County
Carey Mulligan- The Great Gatsby
Agata Trzebuchowska- Ida

With the winner being:

Amy Adams- American Hustle

By the way if you haven't watched Llewyn Davis. do so
Llewyn and Wolf are two must watch films for me.

I feel like I've seen so much, yet seen so little

Best Director 2012

Here are my nominees for this year:

Tom Hooper- Les Miserables
Robert Zemeckis- Flight
Wes Anderson- Moonrise Kingdom
Felix Van Groeningen- Broken Circle Breakdown

But the winner here is.....

Noah Baumbach- Frances Ha

2012: Top Ten Films

01. The Master
02. Frances Ha
03. Moonrise Kingdom
04. Like Someone In Love
05. The Act of Killing
06. Wreck-It Ralph
07. Ernest & Celestine
08. Killing Them Softly
09. Silver Linings Playbook
10. Mud

Seen 46 from 2012.The Master is still my favourite of the decade ad one of my all-time favourites. Really have no clue how Frances Ha will hold up would not be surprised if i took a sharp turn on it, but i did love it when i saw it last month. Moonrise Kingdom is one of my favourite Wes Andersons, Like Someone Is Love was my first Kiarostami think it's the one i least feel like returning to but i liked it a lot, The Act of Killing is incredible. Like all of the second half quite a bit.

Best Actor:

01. Joaquin Pheonix - The Master
02. Mads Mikklesen - The Hunt
03. Jean-Louis Trintignant - Amour
04. Jared Gilman - Moonrise Kingdom
05. Sean William Scott - Goon

Phoenix gives my favourite performance of the decade and a strong contender for my favourite of all time. Mads is great even though The Hunt isn't a favourite, Trintignant is somewhat overshadowed by Riva but he's still fantastic. Gilman gives a great child performance, it's weird how naturally he embodies that sort of confident in his weirdness Wes Anderson role at that age. Wanted to throw SWS a bone, not coz he's great but because i love him in Goon so much.

Best Supporting Actor:

01. Phillip Seymour Hoffman - The Master
02. James Gandolfini - Killing Them Softly
03. Matthew McConnaughey - Mud
04. Ryo Kase - Like Someone In Love
05. Edward Norton - Moonrise Kingdom

PSH's performance is incredible obviously. After that i think the others are only pretty good. For example i think Kase is the weakest of the three major performances in Like Someone In Love, he is the only one included because the other categories are stronger.

Best Actress:

01. Emanuelle Riva - Amour
02. Greta Gerwig - Frances Ha
03. Nina Hoss - Barbara
04. Veerle Baetens - The Broken Circle Breakdown
05. Jennifer Lawrence - Silver Linings Playbook

I respect Amour more than i like it which is why it's not in my top ten, Riva gives an incredible performance though. Loved Gerwig so much too. Really digged Hoss in Barbara and i want to see it again, i liked the film but only moderately and after loving Phoenix i'm interested in how i'd now respond to it. Also had mixed feelings on Broken Circle, Beatens is really good though and Lawrence annoyed me a bit last time i watched SLP but she still has plenty of good scenes.

Best Supporting Actress:

01. Amy Adams - The Master
02. Kara Hayward - Moonrise Kingdom
03. Emma Watson - The Perks of Being a Wallflower
04. Kerry Washington - Django Unchained
05. Jacki Weaver - Silver Linings Playbook

Such a weak category after Adams. Hayward probably should be in lead she's really good anyway. Emma Watson surprised me a lot in Perks. The other two are just placeholders, they're fine but nothing i care about.

Camo giving The Master its proper due. My list will be covered with praise for everything about the film as well. Won't be surprised if you like Frances Ha even more on future viewings Camo. I was pretty luke warm on it first time through but seem to watch it every year since and I love it now.