Carrie Remake

Tools    

She looks too sweet for me. Sissy Spacek's performance gave a creepier mood.

Moretz was definitely miscast in this. And I'm not happy at all about the CGI and the iphones and things. Is it possible we can get a remake that isn't updated technologically for today's movie audience? Never mind, I know the answer...

It's set in the 00s so it would be a very unrealistic to film school sequences and scenes involving teenagers and no one has something like an iphone... so cyber bullying fits fine and dandy in the new version.

Unless you meant you would have prefered the new Carrie film set earlier in the late 70s. You have the original film for that, I think it's more interesting to set the new one in the present and bring in the cyber bullying.

Unless you meant you would have prefered a new Carrie film set earlier.

That's what I meant. I just don't see why every remake has to be set in this digital age. What happened to setting movies in the '60s, '70s? I mean, it might work for the best, highlighting the contrast between our advanced society and the backwards, old school religious zealot that is Carrie's mother. I doubt Carrie's mother let's her have a cell phone, so that could make her even more of an outcast. I dunno, I'll refrain from making any more judgments until I've seen the complete film.

Hmm so the movie is set in present day? We'll have to wait to see if that's a good thing or a bad thing... But yeah... nowadays, remakes always feel the need to make events take place in present day.

that's what she said...
Chloe will do great. At least the preview looks awesome. I do see where a lot of you are coming from when you say that Sissy Specek had the perfect creepy look for her part but I think because the new one is set in more present time it makes sense to have a "pretty" girl play the role. Mostly because now-a-days bullying can happen to anyone. Back in my high school days (2004-2008) I was picked on for being so involved in choir-so were basically everyone who was-even some really gorgious girls. And yeah, they cyber bullying is even worse that what is was liek in the old days

Does anyone else not think the trailer for this looks very generic indeed? I would have preferred it had they brought the 80's musical to the big screen. Betty Buckley is still pretty fantastic when it comes to acting and music

I must admit my initial reaction to hearing this was going to be remade was " WHY! ", firstly because I'm getting fed up with so many remakes & no imagination in Hollywood, secondly because I couldn't see how they could better the classic that the original is.
However, I've had a change of mind after seeing the cast, as most people are saying here, Chloe is a great actress & I think she'll be great in this.
One thing though, how can they ever top the original's ending, since copied & done to death in other films?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
From seeing the teaser trailer I cannot wait to see this. It does seem to be taking a rather long time being released though.

I watched the original when I was like 10 and am still terrified from it, this just seems like child's play compared to that.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I remember when I saw the trailers for the movie the first time in theaters, and I remember leaning over to my friends and telling them that they just completely went over the entire movie. Then, I remember seeing it again in theaters for another movie, and saying the exact same thing. I think that it's safe to say that a lot of people already know the story of Carrie, but that doesn't justify it at all whatsoever. The entire point of a remake is to give the chance for a movie to appeal to a new audience and by spoiling it for them, you leave it to simply the fans of the original and the fans of horror that will go to see it no matter what, which is a dwindling amount, I might add.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I cant wait to see this, I love the original.
You and I would be the ones that are the fans of horror that will go and see it no matter what that I was talking about earlier, I suppose.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
You and I would be the ones that are the fans of horror that will go and see it no matter what that I was talking about earlier, I suppose.
I am really looking forward to seeing it, I like the cast and think its going to be a good watch fairplay. Im always dubious of remakes/reimagings but this looks like it could be a good one. Like the new Evil Dead that was awesome imo.

Ugh. So not looking forward to them ruining the classic movie which I love

But I'll probably end up watching it anyway.....

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I love the original, its a classic. But as with most remakes I will see it and im sure this will be good there are some horrendous remakes out there. Im really looking forward to seeing it, I think chloe moretz will do a great job as she is very good actress in what I have seen her in.