Carrie Remake

Tools    

Didn't they already poorly attempt to remake it in 2002?
I wouldn't call that version poor. At least as far as performances are concerned.

Considering they just cast the Mother role, no one has watched it, it's not even filmed yet. Unless you meant the 2002 one Donnie is on about.

Still not sure about this. Moretz appears a bit older than I thought, but, I dunno. Guess we'll see.

She just acts older, she's only fifteen. I would rather see someone that should be in high school than someone well in their 30's pretend to be in high school.

I'm a little on the edge with her doing it though because most of her roles are her being very confident, it'll be a change seeing her as weak. At least that's how she's supposed to appear in the most of the movie since it's a remake of the original.

She's a good actress, I'm sure she can pull off playing Carrie.

Oh I think she's a great actress but whenever she has played weak, like at a point in kick ass, and I think she did it when she was in let me in trying to attack someone. But it's only temporary, a whole movie might be hard. And I personally never view her as weak.

I think she will surprise anyone that thinks she absolutely can't do the role.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
There's something about Moretz I just don't like. I really hated the casting choice for her in "Let Me In" and I found her underwhelming in Kickass.

Waa, they shouldn't have shown that and left it for people to see in the film, it's one of the most iconic and haunting images in the horror world and an amazing sequence in the original film.

Waa, they shouldn't have shown that and left it for people to see in the film, it's one of the most iconic and haunting images in the horror world and an amazing sequence in the original film.
Not that the media cares about art or anything though. Don't forget that.

Really? All-time? I can understand, to some extent, Spacek/Moretz, although I've yet to see Moretz in anything and Spacek was about 10 yeras older than her anyway. But De Palma/Pierce? I don't know that Brian 'Look at me! I've got a camera!' De Palma is that big a step up from Kimberly Pierce. He has, of course, made a hell of a lot more films but he's also made a hell of a lot of crap.

Agree with Honeykid - definitely don't see the two as awful choices compared, Moretz is one of the best child actors out there right now and nothing wrong with Peirce as a director, be very interesting to see a woman directing an adaptation of the book this time around.