I'm a newbie to movies, please give me some Movie recommendations

Tools    

Hi, I am kind of familiar with movies, but I want to really watch amazing movies, so I can get away from the Normie ass movies that are formulaic and stupid. I just want to see really want to see really good movies, that can change the way I look at things.

You're in the right place. You'll probably have the best luck if you list a handful of examples, though, so people have a better sense of what you're looking for.

Best of luck.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
Hi, I am kind of familiar with movies, but I want to really watch amazing movies, so I can get away from the Normie ass movies that are formulaic and stupid. I just want to see really want to see really good movies, that can change the way I look at things.
For radically amazing action movies, try any of John Woo's old films, like [i]The Killer[/I or Hard Boiled.

In the opposite direction, Paths of Glory is a groundbreaking anti-war film.

Hello, welcome to MovieForums.

I'm so happy you decided to break away from the mainstream and explore. Suffice to say, Yoda is right. Everyone has their own tastes, and If they're a "newbie" (as you say you are), they find their own interest in film overtime. But If you don't know where to start, I'll be happy to help you.

Here's some to get you started...

well heres some from me

young mr Lincoln (just watched this today and its on netflix)
ghost dog way of the samurai
damnation 1988
el topo

young mr Lincoln (just watched this today and its on netflix)
What did you think?

el topo
Have you read this?

When I wanted to do the rape scene, I explained to [Mara Lorenzio] that I was going to hit her and rape her. There was no emotional relationship between us, because I had put a clause in all the women's contracts stating that they would not make love with the director. We had never talked to each other. I knew nothing about her. We went to the desert with two other people: the photographer and a technician. No one else. I said, 'I'm not going to rehearse. There will be only one take because it will be impossible to repeat. Roll the cameras only when I signal you to.' Then I told her, 'Pain does not hurt. Hit me.' And she hit me. I said, 'Harder.' And she started to hit me very hard, hard enough to break a rib... I ached for a week. After she had hit me long enough and hard enough to tire her, I said, 'Now it's my turn. Roll the cameras.' And I really... I really... I really raped her. And she screamed."[1]
I didn't like El Topo when i saw it but i also never knew that. Was planning on giving it another chance but yeah not now.

holy **** wtf he RAPED her. Holy **** thats ****ing terrible.

edit: sorry about my language

Welcome to MoFo...with a name like Crystal Ship this is a must watch...

It's topical too you know the whole Melisa Gilbert/Oliver Stone stuff. I can't even picture Melisa Gilbert as Morrison's girlfriend, yikes.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
That's the LITERAL definition. Film is a very broad spectrum, and It doesn't have to be be 'Unconventional' to be not be mainstream.
Dude, it's the wrong sub forum. How about getting off the other argument and direct him to where he's su[osed to be

What the hell you only live once. And if you have a date this should be your go too movie man she'll love it.

Yes, it's kind of hard to know what to recommend without more information. What do you mean by "normie ass"? Do you want to be recommended good "older" movies (i.e from the last good century ) or just obscure modern ones?
I grew up indoctrinated into movies thanks to my older brothers, one in particular, so it's hard to put myself in the shoes of someone who sounds like they're starting from scratch...