Reputation Points?

Tools    

yeah I got that one mark, I have given you three + reps in the last day, let's try one more time, I am giving you a thumbs up for post #20.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I have clicked the thumbs up three times now for your post #20 mark and I can click it again for a fourth. Well if I can't give + rep points I hope nobody is insulted wondering why I never dish them out, despite them giving me the old thumbs up.

Hmmm. I'll have to look into this. Harry, can you tell me what browser (and version) you're using?

I may have to setup a quick test page and PM you the link to see if we can figure this out.

Yeah, that's the latest version of IE.

Okay then...I might need a few days to address this properly. In all likelihood I'll create a special page using some similar code, PM you the link, and ask you to tell me what happens when you click things on it. I'll try to have this ready to go soon; hopefully no later than the end of the weekend. In the meantime, sorry for the inconvenience!

IE has had probs before the holidays. someone hacked into it causing problems. it was all over the news. people were told not to go on IE or download anything from IE. I don't know about now, but that was the news like a few days before xmas.

What would really be interesting is to know everyones reputation points, but to the minus. I have only a -1 (so far), and cant remember what it was for. I think I posted a hello, and was scolded for spamming but I cant remember. Seriously the intriguing funny rep stories are best when you get in a squabble and your getting thumbs down left & right.

Yoda, I gave you a thumbs up for your posts #30 and #33, for our test, not because Movie Maven was banned, I don't even know what JRS stands for, although I'm sure it was justified.

I'm thinking it didn't work though, hoping it did. But it says I can give you rep points for those posts again and I think I remember you only being allowed to rep a post only once.

I can't tell if that's sarcasm cuz said that in shoutbox the other day?
Nope, not sarcasm. People thought he was because he reminded them of him, and I found a near-identical IP match. I asked him to come clean about it, and he acted pretty bizarre -- not at all like you'd expect someone to act if there'd been a mixup.

Not that this circumstantial stuff is even really necessary, of course, but we also had an argument about illegal movie downloads in which he, well, sounded a heck of a lot like JRS.

Yoda, I gave you a thumbs up for your posts #30 and #33, for our test, not because Movie Maven was banned, I don't even know what JRS stands for, although I'm sure it was justified.
Not quite there...I tweaked something that might have had something to do with the problem, though. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Nope, not sarcasm. People thought he was because he reminded them of him, and I found a near-identical IP match. I asked him to come clean about it, and he acted pretty bizarre -- not at all like you'd expect someone to act if there'd been a mixup.

Not that this circumstantial stuff is even really necessary, of course, but we also had an argument about illegal movie downloads in which he, well, sounded a heck of a lot like JRS.
Yeah, when he dropped a massive poster and high rating for Mutant Chronicles in the Movie Tab kinda gave it away. Didn't realise he was banned before though? Not that i'm complaining.

Just happened today. I told him he had one last chance to come clean, and if he didn't I'd talk to my mods about it to weigh the evidence. He showed up again today, and that was that.