Alexander

Tools    

Here's the trailer for Oliver Stone's Alexander

Starring: Colin Farrell, Angelina Jolie, Anthony Hopkins, Val Kilmer, Jared Leto, Rosario Dawson, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Rory McCann, Elliot Cowan, Joseph Morgan

Release Date: November 5, 2004

Visit the website at Alexanderthemovie.com

Hell_Bent beat you to the punch, here.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

The movies gonna be great and make a boat load of money, end of story. If you wanna know why i predict that, go to the alexander trailer forum where i've posted quite a long explanation about that.

It was a boring conversation anyway
Would someone tell me what Alexander is? Yes I am a moron.

Originally Posted by Colonel Sanders
Would someone tell me what Alexander is? Yes I am a moron.
Alexander the Great

I ate all your bees.
I'll see it. Then again I see almost everything anyway...

Originally Posted by Sidewinder
I'll see it. Then again I see almost everything anyway...
Alexander the great was born in 356 BC as the son of the Macedonian King, Philip II. Philip conquered Greece but was murdered in 336 by someone working for his whife Olympia who was angry at him for divorcing her to marry some Greek girl. Alexander became a General at the age of sixteen where he had a big part in the battle of Charoenea, breaking the backbone of the Greek resistance. Alexander also was a student of the famous philosopher, Aristotle.
His father conquered Greece by 338 and was planning to invade Persia, the most powerful country in the world at the time by far. He never did though because he was murdered. Alexander became king after his death and was able to invade Persia which included Turkey, all of the eastern mediteranean, Egypt and all the land east to India. He defeated the persians in three grand-scale pitched battles, basically taking over the world and becoming king of...everything. Alexander never lost a battle and is regarded as a strategic genius and one of the most influential people in all history, rivaling Muhammad and Jesus. In a word, Alexander was...THE...MAN.

I wanted to know if anyone knows about this or can explain what's going on with Parmenio. As you know or don't know, it doesn't matter, Parmenio was Alexander's right hand General who gained his trust because he was also Philip's right hand man, Alexander's dad. It turned out if you're familiar with Alexander's conquest, Parmenion was killed because Alexander thought he tried to betray him, (anyone see a correlation between Alexander and Scarface yet? Ha ha ha) but unfortunately seems absent in the script even though Parmenio commanded the left and midleft flank of Alexander's Army! I don't know why and I might be wrong but it looks like Oliver Stone has given Ptolemy Parmenion's part from some reason writing Him in as Alexander's right hand man which is certainaly untrue even though Ptolemy was a very trusted and close friend of Alexander's. The reason I say this is I've heard some things and I've read the Character summary on an Alexander the Great website from Oliver Stone. It had written Ptolemy as ALexander's right hand man and Parmenio was not in the line of Cast. He might be in it though. Who knows. These things are weird. Thoughts? Anyone?

Looks like a pretty weak banner to me. Val Kilmer looks awful as Philip I. They should've used someone older and fatter. I don't know what Oliver Stone was thinking. Maybe he figured people would go see it and he would make more if Val Kilmer was in it but that postar doesn't excite me atall, but then again, it's just a postar.

Thanks jrs... I'm not to crazy about it though... too much white...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I'm sure itt'l l be great though.

I think that Luhrmann's movie(if made), with DiCaprio and Kidman is going to be better than Stone's movie, simply because Luhrmann is better director than Stone IMO, and DiCaprio is a better actor than Farrell, as is Nicole way better than Jolie. But then again, Stone's might prove to be beter, just have to wait and see i guess.

I've seen the trailer for Stone's Alexander, and i wasnt all that impressed

the teenage movie critic
Alexander will be good if not decent because it has Val Kilmer and Anthony Hopkins...two guys that can act much better than Farrell and Jolie combined. Oliver Stone is a good director...I won't call him excellent...and he usually produces better than average work.

Now you look at Baz Luhrmann....He did Moulin Rouge and Romeo + Juliet. Who was in Moulin Rouge? Kidman. Who was in Romeo + Juliet? Leonardo DiCaprio. They (referring to the movies) were both better than average even though I hated Moulin Rouge. I expect this movie competition persay to be very close since Baz has had more experience and knows how to use great screenplays (Alexander's script is by David Hare) and turn them into great films.

But if you think again, Colin's Alexander is coming out first and offers more intense action....seeing that he injured himself in production.

Originally Posted by Black Mamba
I think that Luhrmann's movie(if made), with DiCaprio and Kidman is going to be better than Stone's movie, simply because Luhrmann is better director than Stone IMO, and DiCaprio is a better actor than Farrell, as is Nicole way better than Jolie. But then again, Stone's might prove to be beter, just have to wait and see i guess.

I've seen the trailer for Stone's Alexander, and i wasnt all that impressed
It's all preference. Personally, I think my 3 year old nephew could act better than Leonardo. Nicole Kidman is a good actress though, no question But I like Angelina Jolie. She's really becoming star. I think the biggest question is, who will have the best script. That's what it really boils down to after each film has a terrific cast. I don't really know about Oliver Stone directing but it can't be argued that his dedication to the movie and Alexander the Great were unsurpassed. And personally, I wouldn't have picked any writer other than Oliver Stone to make the movie. His movies have the nitty-gritty, passionate feel that fits Alexander the Great's story like a glove. I've also said this before, Scarface's character reminds me a lot lof Alexander of Macedon.