What film would most likely relate to how the world will end?

Tools    

Hi skizzerflake. Yes, the fear of nuclear armageddon does seem to have slipped from the forefront of our collective consciousness - perversely, to be replaced by far less likely scenarios.

With the global power centres of the world in such great flux at the present time - it seems to me rather a foolish presumption for people to make!
I don't see the use of nukes being implausible, but the world ending exchange where the US and the old USSR would throw about 1000 each in one hour seems to have diminished. The more realistic scenario now is something like N Korea taking out Seoul when they fire 3 missiles but only two are shot down, after which N Korea is overwhelmed by the US and S Korean response. That's real bad but probably won't end the world as the rest of us know it, unlike a large asteroid, comet or Toba or Yellowstone sized super volcano.

Ghost In The Machine
I don't see the use of nukes being implausible, but the world ending exchange where the US and the old USSR would throw about 1000 each in one hour seems to have diminished. The more realistic scenario now is something like N Korea taking out Seoul when they fire 3 missiles but only two are shot down, after which N Korea is overwhelmed by the US and S Korean response. That's real bad but probably won't end the world as the rest of us know it, unlike a large asteroid, comet or Toba or Yellowstone sized super volcano.
Good point, and I had forgotten about the Yellowstone Super-volcano - that could certainly lead us back into the Dark Ages - It would lead us to The Road, but save us from Idiocracy. ...hmm - interesting choice!

The world may end tomorrow or it might end in 3 million more years. Make an emergency plan and put together and emergency kit. It could save your life one day. But don’t waste what life you have now worrying about something that might not ever happen.
Be prepared, but don’t forget to live.

The world may end tomorrow or it might end in 3 million more years. Make an emergency plan and put together and emergency kit. It could save your life one day. But don’t waste what life you have now worrying about something that might not ever happen.
Be prepared, but don’t forget to live.

Meh, if the world really ends I guess it's a meteorite ending it all in one go? Armageddon, Meteor, Deep Impact?

The Day After Tomorrow

the day after tomorrow..

Idiocracy

I'm suspecting something involving robots.

The world ( at least the world as we know it ) will end when the population of the ' peaceful ' religion will increase and ours ( non peacefuls ) will dwindle ( as it is already dwindling ) and the ' peaceful ' folk will take over the world .

But no one will make a movie over it because the topic is too politically incorrect

I'm going to say Metropolis. If you look hard at its symbolism, its meaning becomes clear.

The world ( at least the world as we know it ) will end when the population of the ' peaceful ' religion will increase and ours ( non peacefuls ) will dwindle ( as it is already dwindling ) and the ' peaceful ' folk will take over the world .

But no one will make a movie over it because the topic is too politically incorrect
Cool. So we win in the end.

Whether in a nuclear holocaust or not i think On the beach gave one of the most realistic portrayals of how people would react in the event of the end of the world.