Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Last watched Captain Phillips a talented group of actors. " everything will be okay Irish"

A+

Very good documentary. I didn't know anything about the debate between film and digital before watching it and I'm now really interested in it! I don't know how to rate it since I mostly watch fiction movies and that I don't think that they can be rate in the same criterias

Filth

This movie is insane. The pacing is incredible and it never lets up once. The movie from start to finish is absolute mayhem and it is glorious. McEvoy does a brilliant job here, worth seeing for his performance alone. Can't wait to watch this one again one day.

8/10

Shaun of the Dead

A decent movie, but my least favourite of the Cornetto trilogy (Hot Fuzz being my favourite). I guess I'm just a little tired of the zombie genre because this one didn't really do it for me. Was humorous in parts, but very cliche when you consider how much of the zombie genre we've seen. If I watched this years ago I think I may have liked it better.

6.5/10

Falling Down

I saw it 20 years ago and thought it was just ok. My opinion hasn't changed. Michael Douglas was very good, and the only reason worth watching. I felt like they were trying to make his character one who did things that a lot of us would like to, and it worked in a couple scenes. But some of the people he terrorized were innocent victims, making him just an azzhole. The scene at the restaurant should've been great, but to me ended up coming off as silly. There were other parts as well that I think could've used a bit more realism. It just took away all the tension for me. Robert Duvall was wasted; he just had nothing to work with. I liked the story and Douglas, but not the execution.

Falling Down

I saw it 20 years ago and thought it was just ok. My opinion hasn't changed. Michael Douglas was very good, and the only reason worth watching. I felt like they were trying to make his character one who did things that a lot of us would like to, and it worked in a couple scenes. But some of the people he terrorized were innocent victims, making him just an azzhole. The scene at the restaurant should've been great, but to me ended up coming off as silly. There were other parts as well that I think could've used a bit more realism. It just took away all the tension for me. Robert Duvall was wasted; he just had nothing to work with. I liked the story and Douglas, but not the execution.
That's pretty much how I felt, I wasn't exactly sure how I felt about the character and some of his actions after the film, some parts left a bad taste.

before midnight 8/10

Drive

2nd watch; I liked it a lot more this time. I loved the cast and the way the tension lasted throughout. I hated that song they played at the beginning, and then it plays at the end too. Great flick.

That's pretty much how I felt, I wasn't exactly sure how I felt about the character and some of his actions after the film, some parts left a bad taste.
His actions is the fast food restaurant were justified. Everyone looses their temper when they stop serving breakfast at McDonalds -- I stabbed a member of staff when they didn't prepare my happy meal fast enough.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.

Rear Window-First I want to say movie was good,I enjoyed it.Movie is happening at same place,112 minutes in the same place but I never got bored,I wanted to see next scene,wanted to see more.You can really putt yourself in that situation and that makes movie awesome,yea some parts are slow but they are so short that you can ignore them and forget about them few minutes after they finish.Every person in that building is different,everyone is having personality of their own,you can really see how their life moves from day to day,it is a thriller,you know I like that,it was not dark but mystery and I liked it,it was nice change.I mean imagine yourself in situation like that,try to putt yourself in that apartment and this movie will be awesome for you,movie was kinda intense at some points ,yea movie of this type intense,yep...You know in video games and movies that moments when someone is chased and you are on edge of your chair ,this movie had those moments.Story telling was great.All in all great movie...

VERDICT-8.8-10

Her (2013) -

Left me cold. I wouldn't say I had high expectations, but I was hoping to enjoy it much more. It's a shame because it could have been a great film given its premise (now someone in all likelihood will quote me and say "But it is"). To me, it isn't even a good film, because it tried too hard to be a great one.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide

Branded to Kill (1967, Seijun Suzuki)

Stylish, slinky, farcical, and cogently directed, this is quick-witted, shrewd, and invigorating filmmaking. Certainly not your voguish piece from Japanese cinema at the time, but something much more reckless. It was, however, unevenly edited, consisting of some frustratingly abrupt cutting. The writing was also a bit loose and cursory, but once you learn it was edited in a measly day and essentially rewritten at the last minute, it comes as no surprise. Actually, it is a remarkably stable film considering all of the production difficulties. This piece heavily vandalised the reputation of Suzuki and you can see why - it was vehement filmmaking, and certainly did discard from the status-quo. Or it at least felt like it did. Very good. Just shy from an 8.

The Last American Virgin

I enjoyed it more than I would say it's a very good movie, but it is pretty good. It brought me back to when I was a teenager in the 80's, with fun times and fun music. Not just a teen sex comedy as it touches on real issues and emotions. I can understand why some do not like the ending, but it worked for me.