Bruce Lee biopic

→ in
Tools    

I watched one last night called Dragon, its a biopic of Bruce Lee. Im not sure how accurate it was to Lee's life but it was a good enjoyable movie. It kept moving and held your attention, that is what I look for mostly in a movie. Jason Scott Lee played the lead, and he was fantastic as Lee. His facial expressions and movements were like looking at Bruce Lee himself. It had great martial arts work in it, some of the best I have ever seen. I would give it a 9 out of 10.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I enjoyed this movie when I was a kid, but I haven't seen it in years and years so I have no clue how it would hold up now.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

same! one of my favorites

yea it was an awesome movie just enjoyed it

Jason Scott Lee is a great actor, he was good in The Jungle Book also. Ive always wondered why he wasnt in more starring roles, he is that good.

Well, its a biopic purely in name only. If you're really interested in Lee his widow wrote a fantastic book on his life called The Bruce Lee Story.

I mean, I guess some of what is done during the film may have happened to someone, but very little of it happened to Bruce. In fact for whatever reason they completely leave Seattle and the University of Washington out of the story, where he actually lived and spent the bulk of his time here in the U.S. living. In fact he was born in San Francisco but returned to Hong Kong just 3 months later. And didn't return there until after he was 18 and even then he only lived there for a few months before moving to Seattle. But whatever... did some of that stuff happen? Maybe. I doubt it. Not a terrible movie I guess, just not a very good picture of what his life was really like, I think.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yes, it's a big Hollywood Biopic just like they made 30 times a year in the '30s, and it's just about as accurate as those too. However, as a half-generic film about a recent movie icon, it's very slick and super entertaining BS.