The Election News and Predictions Thread

Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Well that's it, it's all over. We had a good run but I think it's now safe to conclude that the social experiment known as humanity has failed. I think it's about time for another of those great extinction events to wipe us out. Then something else can rise up to become the dominant species. Maybe they'll do a better job

cant really complain about the system though,can they`? that would make them unamerican.
freedom of speech-but only for stuff thats not important.

I saw some Hillary supporters on Twitter calling the system rigged now that Trump has won
This, of course, is the flip side of being skeptical of power. Huge distinction between being skeptical of people in power, and being skeptical of the entire system.

It's also really galling, on both sides, when people's response to results is to say the system is broken, when we can still elect whoever we want. We should all self-reflect on what vices allowed our choice to come down to these two candidates in the first place, rather than blame an electoral system that worked incredibly well for hundreds of years, through massive social upheaval.

Democracy works great when the people are thoughtful and pay attention, but it can't protect them from themselves.

I saw some Hillary supporters on Twitter calling the system rigged now that Trump has won
But...there is a huge, huge difference between supporters saying that...and Presidential candidate Trump claiming that the elections were rigged. How irresponsible for him as a candidate to say that.

Yeah, I agree. It's galling to hear anyone suggest it just because they don't like the outcome, but it was always fundamentally different for the candidate themselves to float the idea, and before any votes were counted, seemingly just because they didn't like the way the result was shaping up.

Well that's it, it's all over. We had a good run but I think it's now safe to conclude that the social experiment known as humanity has failed. I think it's about time for another of those great extinction events to wipe us out. Then something else can rise up to become the dominant species. Maybe they'll do a better job
How messed up is this? "We should just be wiped out and BECOME EXTINCT!"

Utterly disgusting.

To answer JD - NO!

I was going to support Crooked Hillary to avoid a disaster. At the very least its not intelligent to answer a disaster with another disaster.

Trump will be handing out guns to anyone and their grandma,cos that an american right ya know, so lets just wait and see how much is left of the place in 4 years.
im sure people are glad to see the sexist and rascist president talk about how united the place will be now though

Trump will be handing out guns to anyone and their grandma
Do you want yours in pink?

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	gun.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	27749  

Saw this on MSN.com this morning, a political quote from the 1920s, that has come true.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

― H.L. Mencken

Say this on MSN.com, a political quote from 1920, that has come true.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

― H.L. Mencken
Perhaps we'd already reached our height of "perfection" and that's why people didn't want another 4 years of the Obama administration.

People had just had it with the lies, the selling out, the apathy and the corruption.
Not to say none of that won't exist under Trump, just that people were willing to risk it not being the same compared to electing the "devil they know" and guaranteeing more of the same.

People had it with lies? Seems I remember Trump telling lie after lie after lie. Yoda must have busted Trump as a liar, on dozens of lies, on the Trump for President thread.

I prefer an intelligent liar like Hillary, to a moronic liar like Trump.

Poor Halfangel/Dev has gotten flack from her friends for being a Trump supporter, no I wasnt one of them. This is what I told her -

"Im as vocal against Trump as anyone, but Im sorry youre being singled out Dev' Just tell them to go F themselves, Trump would! lol!"

So begins the Presidential era where we say "Go F themselves!", and may GOD BLESS AMERICA!

People had it with lies? Seems I remember Trump telling lie after lie after lie. Yoda most have busted Trump on dozens of lies on the Trump for President thread.

I prefer an intelligent liar like Hillary, to a moronic liar like Trump.
There will always be lies in politics. Politician = liar.

I guess people were just tired of the same lies (ones that made the citizens, legal immigrants, military volunteers, veterans and police of this country feel like scum while raising trespassers, terrorists and cop-killers to the level of heroes) and ready for new ones.

Either way, all the people freaking out now will forget about it in a couple days and then we can start all the freaking out over again in January.