WORST superhero movie?

Tools    

I didn't think the third one was too bad. But you're right, Batman and Robin was horrible. The only character who I thought was decent was Clooney's Bruce Wayne.

Originally Posted by Sedai
Batman and Robin

While the 3rd film in the series was quite bad, I feel the 4th film was absolutely horrendous. Not one of the characters...well, stayed in character! Every character was just so over the top, so outrageously not who they were supposed to be, that I had to wonder if even one person involved in the project had ever had any exposure to the source material. Add to this a script clearly written by the director's grandchild, wack-ass, brightly lit baroque sets (so completely un-Gotham), and a score that shattered my uncle's glass eye, and you have the worst superhero film ever created.
Yeah, Batman & Robin was a total waste of time and money, but I knew that was gonna happen when I got the news Clooney was gonna try to fill the shoes of Bruce Wayne. The Dark Knight he is not. But at least I got to watch a few scenes get shot...

DareDevil and Hulk.

Originally Posted by ipickdaflick
DareDevil and Hulk.
You really are a genius!

The Green Lantern
Steel
Supergirl
Howard the Duck
Superman III & IV
Batman & Robin
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

hulk and catwoman, 2 of the worst by far

I am Jack's Smirking Revenge
HAHAH howard teh duck, didnt the girl have sex w/ him... good lord, the hulk was horrilbe to, but i think the old punisher, from the 80s, if you can remmember, was the most god awful movie... in history, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

Originally Posted by susan
the hulk and maybe daredevil....
Heh heh..I actually enjoyed them both.

Actually, it wasn't hard to do once i got the mindset of knowing I wasn't going to see an oscar winner.

I agree with you choice there mikeython, also I really didn't like the Fantastic Four movies. The Schumacher directed Batman films were pretty bad too, it was like Gotham turned into a neon playground.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

#1 My first vote would go for Elektra (yes, I saw it. I am ashamed and forever will be that this movie inhabits space in my brain.)

#2 Easily Daredevil. Affleck in tight red PVC/leather with some epically bad line delivery? Colin Farrell with a giant bullseye on his head? Yes, someone in production really thought this one out...

#3 Batman and Robin comes in a close third. It doesn't get first or second in my opinion because although it was bad, it was at least intended to be a campy dose of neon lighted crap. Were it not for that saving grace B&R would easily be #1 for me because I love the REAL Batman.

#4 Steel. What do you mean Shaq shouldn't be a superhero? Don't presume to tell Shaq what he can and cannot do...Didn't you see Shazam?

#5 Any of the Punishers.

#6 Catwoman. I haven't even seen it, but it looks terrible just based on the released screenshots...Someone back me up here.

The Flash.. by far

Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, Superman Returns, The Hulk, Daredevil, Masters of the Universe (this one falls under the "it's so bad, it's good" category), the entire Fantastic Four franchise, G.I. Joe.

Those are the ones I can think of at the moment.

I personally didn't see any of those two. I have to say that the Hulk movie with Eric Bana in it was not good and Daredevil. Oh, Daredevil...

Banned from Hollywood.
That piece of garbage called Catwoman with halle berry...happens to be one of the worst movies i have ever seen as well..

on the other hand (not being die-hard superhero fan) i loved howard the duck and the first hulk movie...

Being in my mid-30's, I would say that I am more into action or horror movies. However, having three kids makes me watch the superhero movies all the time. Superheroes are made to be action movies for adults it seems but in reality, they are keeping the good over bad hero alive in today's youth. The worst one? That should depend on the youth - my five year old watched Daredevil and liked it so I cannot say that it is the worst since he still watches it from time to time. I think DarkMan was not the greatest and when my kids won't even watch it says enough for me.

Talking about Batman.......I feel that Adam West and Burt Ward will ALWAYS be Batman and Robin. However, for the movies, Christian Bale did not do too bad of a job with a new rendition of Batman. Val Kilmer and George Clooney really sucked if you ask me. Michael Keaton will forever be the movies Batman with Jack Nicholson as the infamous Joker. Definitly Michelle over Halle for Catwoman too!

Anarchist within reason
Batman Forever
Batman and Robin
Superman Returns
Spiderman 3
Hulk
The Incredible Hulk
X Men 3: The Last Stand
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'