Television Tab

Tools    

Anyone here into the Wallander series?
I'm about to finish the very last season (Swedish version)
If you mean the proper one with Krister Henriksson in the role, then yes, I thought it was amazing. I've not seen it for about 10 years and I think the first series is the best, but I enjoyed the whole thing immensely. It's brilliant drama.

If you mean the proper one with Krister Henriksson in the role, then yes, I thought it was amazing. I've not seen it for about 10 years and I think the first series is the best, but I enjoyed the whole thing immensely. It's brilliant drama.
Yes, I meant the original one, the Swedish. And I also agree the first season was the best. Wallander's team played a significant role in the investigations.

The 3 seasons originally aired over an 8-year period; however, I happened to watch them back to back, so the differences among the seasons were really noticeable. Not only the aging aspect of the cast but also the tone and approach given to each of them, or even within the actual season.

I've been told the British version is also worth watching. I assume it's the same episodes but in a different order and with some artistic licence here and there, right?

TBH, I watched a couple of them, @Nephilim and they're ok, but they're too 'Western' to feel like Scandi-Noir IMO. Branagh's ok, but he's also part of the problem with the 'look' of it for me. Lastly, I felt it didn't have that distance between the actors or us and them that I like so much with the Scandi stuff. That's not to say you shouldn't check it out, it's very well made and if I watched more I might find myself drawn in to it beyond just beinig a detective/police drama? I'm sure if I didn't compare it to Wallander, I'd like it a lot more.

Neighbours: A New Chapter. Neighbours is back thanks to Amazon, so it was the first episode today of the 'new chapter'.

Yay!

Is this the Aussie show that’s been on forever?

It's been so good having it back hasn't it @Nausica;? I've loved this week, it's in part why haven't been around as much, as I've been on all the Neighbours websites posting and reading. So good.

I watched the season 12 premiere of American Horror Story today. It's an anthology series on FX with different horror themed stories each season. Emma Roberts stars as an actress who is trying to get pregnant when sinister things start to occur. I liked the premiere episode. It was interesting and Roberts did a good job. Looking forward to where the show goes. Any other AHS fans? Anyone else check out the season premiere?

I watched the season 12 premiere of American Horror Story today. It's an anthology series on FX with different horror themed stories each season. Emma Roberts stars as an actress who is trying to get pregnant when sinister things start to occur. I liked the premiere episode. It was interesting and Roberts did a good job. Looking forward to where the show goes. Any other AHS fans? Anyone else check out the season premiere?
Never seen it.

Love American Horror Story. So far I'm halfway through the Apocalypse series. Unfortunately they seem to have stopped releasing them on blu ray here so don't have the others ready to watch.

New one looks okay but not keen on the main cast.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Neighbours: A New Chapter. Neighbours is back thanks to Amazon, so it was the first episode today of the 'new chapter'.

Yay!

i never watch it but i heard micha barton will be in it :O, loved her on the oc tv series

^ Yep she seems to be part of the main cast(she appears in the opening credits sequence) and not just a guest role. Has quite an important role going by the character and storyline.

The first two episodes of the final season of Doom Patrol dropped today. Watched the first one and I wish I could say the show is as strong and compelling as it was when it first premiered. I can't. It was the worst kind of filler and heavily featured two of the more boring characters, Rouge and Rita. Of course it's a continuation of the S3 cliffhanger with the team waiting for Immortus to put in an appearance. That first season was golden, approaching levels of gonzo that IMO only Peacemaker has touched. But like so many other shows it's steadily wound down. Here's hoping they finish strong.

Only Murders in the Building Season 3.

It's back on form, after the subpar season two. They did most of the things right, by going back to the formula of the first season. I enjoyed it.

I rewatched the six episode run of Obi-Wan Kenobi and was surprised how much more I liked it this time. Really effective callbacks and an emotional depth that I simply didn't appreciate the first time around. I think this show really did the Star Wars universe proud.

I finished watching The Fall of the House of Usher, which was quite entertaining and yet another good horror series by Mike Flanagan.

The big star cast actually proves to be bit of a minus point, because quite a few characters don't get the attention they deserve, something that is unlike a Flanagan story & something that stops this series from reaching the same brilliance as that of Hill House or Midnight Mass.

I am bound and determined to finish up Doom Patrol. Four episodes down and two to go till the series finale. But man are they making it difficult. Episode 3 was a musical. If you need official confirmation that a series has jumped the shark that's all the proof you need.

Finished up Doom Patrol. They gave Brendan Fraser's Robotman the best ending. Or maybe it was the one that resonated the most. Or maybe it was because the rest of the characters were such nondescript sock puppets that it stood out. All in all it wasn't the best of finales.