The Silence Of The Lambs

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Heck, The Silence of the Lambs came out on Valentines Day, so Brenda and I had a nice romantic evening after watching that. Sorry.

I never saw the movie until right before Hannibal came out. I remember when it came out in 1991 - everyone was talking about it - but I never got around to seeing it until I wanted to see Hannibal, so I had to watch Silence beforehand. All I remember is liking it a lot.

I liked Hannibal when it came out, but the book is 1,000 times better.

You want to read a book thatll grab you read Red Dragon. Thomas Harris at his best. SOTL was more fictional since Harris empowered Lector with Wolverine level senses, and self mind control that would make a master yogis jaw drop. Hannibal just threw reality out the window, but boring? Naaaah! I remember leaving the theatre in Hannibal and my farmboy buddy BIG SPOILER yells out after the movie ends, with Lector feeding the kid on the plane Liottas brain, "Whats new at the salad bar at Burger King?!" Everyone in ear vicinity howled

one of the best serial killer movies, and could be the best alongside Se7en.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
The Silence of the Lambs is very good, but I think I prefer Manhunter as well, or at least I like The Tooth Fairy much better as a villain compared to Buffalo Bill.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I don't like The Silence of the Lambs... and I'm not afraid to say this.
I didnt like it when I first saw it but it grew on me like a mushroom ( fans of the tv show will understand that one).

Hannibl I never liked. Infact I've seen it several times but not all in one go.

Manhunter was only OK for me but I liked the book.

Manhunter I dont remember too well but I liked the book. Think I prefered it to RD but too long ago to be sure.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
one of the best serial killer movies, and could be the best alongside Se7en.
I think I might have to give the slight edge to Seven but it's such a hard choice cause Silence of the Lambs is good. The best serial killer movie ever though, I think would still go to M (1931), probably.

Manhunter I dont remember too well but I liked the book. Think I prefered it to RD but too long ago to be sure.
Red Dragon should've never been made, imo. Manhunter is a great film and to have been followed up as if it was broken is insulting. You should watch it again. Yes, it dates itself with some of the soundtrack, especially that ending title song, ouch!...but aside from that it's really, really well done. Beautifully photographed, terrific dialog, suspense, mood and atmosphere, lighting, interesting procedural writing, acting..all of it. Plus, Inna-gadda-davida honey, ...

Red Dragon should've never been made, imo. Manhunter is a great film and to have been followed up as if it was broken is insulting. You should watch it again. Yes, it dates itself with some of the soundtrack, especially that ending title song, ouch!...but aside from that it's really, really well done. Beautifully photographed, terrific dialog, suspense, mood and atmosphere, lighting, interesting procedural writing, acting..all of it. Plus, Inna-gadda-davida honey, ...
Thanks Joel. I remember Fannnibals and book fans saying Cox was excellent. I love him so will take your advice. Just have to squeeze my eyes and ears shut for the dating of it. I just dont like that period and cant even watch YT clips without feeling a bit off.

Thanks Joel. I remember Fannnibals and book fans saying Cox was excellent. I love him so will take your advice. Just have to squeeze my eyes and ears shut for the dating of it. I just dont like that period and cant even watch YT clips without feeling a bit off.
It's really not that bad to be honest. The music.

Tom Noonan can't be beat. Cox as Lekter..he does good work. Subdued job, appropriate. Nothing over the top. Hopkins', though a great actor, went into camp territory eventually with his take on Hannibal. Kind of a Freddy Krueger vibe that pretty much stripped away the realism. Manhunter owns all the films concerning Thomas Harris as far as I am concerned. I have no reservations about being snobbish regarding this, either. lol

It's really not that bad to be honest. The music.

Tom Noonan can't be beat. Cox as Lekter..he does good work. Subdued job, appropriate. Nothing over the top. Hopkins', though a great actor, went into camp territory eventually with his take on Hannibal. Kind of a Freddy Krueger vibe that pretty much stripped away the realism. Manhunter owns all the films concerning Thomas Harris as far as I am concerned. I have no reservations about being snobbish regarding this, either. lol
I dont think that's at all snobbish. Go for your life.

Why did they change the spelling of his name? I was never a superfan of the books so have never looked it up.

I dont think that's at all snobbish. Go for your life.

Why did they change the spelling of his name? I was never a superfan of the books so have never looked it up.
It may've been Lektor in Manhunter, not sure about it, though.

Manhunter works betteer than any other adaption or film of the Harris stories because it gives you a sympathetic and equally terrifying killer. He wants to be a good person, and may even get the chance to be one, but there's a sickness..and the detective shares some of this sickness, too...it's really very interesting, the way it all plays out...SOTL and RD have none of that going for it. I mean they are barren films..seriously. Barren.

It may've been Lektor in Manhunter, not sure about it, though.

Manhunter works betteer than any other adaption or film of the Harris stories because it gives you a sympathetic and equally terrifying killer. He wants to be a good person, and may even get the chance to be one, but there's a sickness..and the detective shares some of this sickness, too...it's really very interesting, the way it all plays out...SOTL and RD have none of that going for it. I mean they are barren films..seriously. Barren.
Yeah Mann changed it to Lektor.

And Cox has got a really likable quality to him so yes, it would work well. I dont remember him being thoroughly terrifying like I found Mads, who also does likable well.