I need help with a movie title

Tools    

Some years ago, there was a sci fi film about a futuristic law enforcement hit squad that identified potential murderers in their society and eliminated them before they killed anyone. Does that ring a bell with anyone? What was the title and who starred in it?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Minority Report? Although it wasn't that long ago. Define years.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Minority Report? Although it wasn't that long ago. Define years.
If you manage to reach my age, you'll learn that time starts collapsing in so fast that it's hard to keep track. Talking of something inconsequental that happened "years" ago can turn out to be anywhere between 5 months to 2 decades in the past (fortunately, most of us geezers remember the main events of our lives, the victories and especially the losses). Everyone under 30 and outside your immediate family start looking like they're children. Much of the time when I say, "Remember last year..." the event I'm remembering turns out to have occurred at least 3-5 years ago. So I've gotten into the habit of refering to something "a few years ago" in hopes that I don't sound senile.

I never saw the movie and have no memory of it except of the killing potential killers, but may refer to it in an article I'm doing.

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
The Matrix?

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Minority Report (2002) is the one with Tom Cruise and directed by Steven Spielberg where the "criminals" are apprehended before they commit a crime and put away in a storage facility. The Star Chamber (1983) is the one with Michael Douglas where criminals get away with heinous crimes and have the charges tossed out for various reasons, but a secret group of judges pass sentence on them and send hitmen to rub them out.

As far as time flying, I would have sworn that 9/11 just happened.

The Star Chamber isn't a sci-fi film, anyway. Also, as it's been said, they get away with the crimes, and then they are killed by the secret group of judges.