How many movies have you seen in your lifetime?

Tools    

Wow... I have no idea. Honestly though, it's probably not a whole lot. As of right now, I would say a couple thousand. Probably around 2,000.

Edit: After thinking about it more, it's probably more around 1,000. I don't know, anywhere between 1000-2000 is the safest guess.

I've rated roughly 2300 films

two years ago i watched 500
last year probably 300

it's been a lot more serious since I've started writing and directing.
now I've slowed down because i've seen most of the revered classics.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I know I watched about 200 last year. I might check the "Last Movie" thread along with the e-mails sent to me by my library.

I'd say under 5,000, from start to finish.

Way to many to count since my parents loved cinema as well.. We were always watching some movie on tv... there were many different times they were on... As I got older, my parents got cable tv... and I can say.. that I went to the theatre 10 times during 7 day period... it was when AMC started their MovieWatcher program back in 1991. I love them at the cinema, on TV, or on dvd.

Oh man... let's see... When I was a kid my Dad would get movies second hand quite often, or rent them. I watched a lot of movies growing up, but also a lot of re-watches from our collection. We had a bookshelf to the ceiling double layered with VHS. When I was 12-14 we gradually started getting DVD's. I'd estimate that I watched at least 100 movies a year from the ages of 5-15. Some years probably a bit more, and others a bit less. I think when I was 16-17 it took a bit of a slump. But when I was 18-19 I started exploring movies more on my own. So those four years could probably average out to 100 each year as well. Even though I started exploring movies more on my own my time was divided by video games. So again I probably only watched 100 movies a year until 24. At 24 I made a breakthrough and I played a bit less video games. I probably watched 200 movies that year and maybe 150-200 from each year since then. I watched considerably less movies in 2011-2012 when I was in my first year of University. But in 2012-2013 my grades suffered because I started watching movies again and playing video games. Last year and so far this year I've been watching a lot of movies too.

It's still really hard to say. I remember that we used to watch a movie every night with dinner at some points. I just can't really gauge how long those periods lasted and how much of those were just re-watches.

I think I'd have to say in total I've probably seen about 3,000-ish movie. I'm not sure how accurate that estimation is. If anything it's probably more.

Edit: Yeah definitely a good amount of my younger years were over 100 movies each year. I can remember going to Cash Converters, a second hand store for electronics, and we would go there often and buy movies pretty cheap. Even when we didn't watch movies with supper, we'd still often watch them before or after. So it's definitely over 3,000 movies.

Rated about 1,500, watched around 2,000 - 2,500. Not the biggest film watcher in this forum since I would admit that videogames, animation and books have been bigger hobbies over my life.

Like Zotis I estimated like 100 movies a year between ages 5 and 20, so that's 1,500 movies, then about 200 movies a year between ages 21-24, when I stopped playing videogames and started watching movies as main method of entertainment (mainly because after I began my PHD I stopped, so that's 800 movies. Then when I was 25, I watched PMMM (so I found out that animated TV series and manga > movies) so I stopped watching movies regularly, stopped watching any portuguese and english speaking TV series as well and playing any videogames (I also dropped out of the PHD around the same time so I have more free time), so I am watching about 50 movies a year since (so that's about 125 movies) bringing in a total of 2,425 movies.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
That's impossible to calculate. I saw my first film (Star Wars, although it may also have been The Muppets Movie) at age 4, or at least that's the first film I remember seeing, and I'm 39 years old now...

Too many to count.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

my first movie I remember was "peter pan" at the theatre... I must have been about 5 or so... reason I remember it so well.. is before we left I wrote "f*ck you" in tiny print on my bedroom wall.. when my mother found it... I was spanked good.. so yeah there is something a bit memorable about my first cinema experience... Im sure I seen films on tv with my parents before then... but really dont remember what they were... .

one of my early cinema experiences was when my mother, father, younger sister and I went to Branson Missouri for the first time to go to Silver Dollar City. My father was looking for ways to entertain us for the night.... so he took us to the cinema... this is the movie we seen..

so it came out in 1974... I was 7 years old.. my sister was 5 years old... I wonder about this sometimes... why would my parents take two young children to see an adult comedy?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Rated about 1,500, watched around 2,000 - 2,500. Not the biggest film watcher in this forum since I would admit that videogames, animation and books have been bigger hobbies over my life.

Like Zotis I estimated like 100 movies a year between ages 5 and 20, so that's 1,500 movies, then about 200 movies a year between ages 21-24, when I stopped playing videogames and started watching movies as main method of entertainment (mainly because after I began my PHD I stopped, so that's 800 movies. Then when I was 25, I watched PMMM (so I found out that animated TV series and manga > movies) so I stopped watching movies regularly, stopped watching any portuguese and english speaking TV series as well and playing any videogames (I also dropped out of the PHD around the same time so I have more free time), so I am watching about 50 movies a year since (so that's about 125 movies) bringing in a total of 2,425 movies.

For a few years, I hardly watched movies - if I'm traveling, I might watch a movie once every month, or if I'm doing more recordings, which takes 100% of my free time. Or when I had my business working 7 days a week, open to close, I had 0 free time.

I've had 3 big movie periods. 17-18, then 22-23 (when I bought my house and had DVR), then 30-32, watching at least 100 movies a year.

I added to the best of my abilities as I've written before a life timeline, and I know what I did when I know where I was, or what was going on in my life-----

2,000 movies.