Pirates Crosses 1 Billion Dollar Mark

Tools    

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
You're kidding right??

AWE will make tons of cash, don't get me wrong, but it will definitly not, let me repeat that....NOT make more then DMC.

DMC disappointed a lot of fans. Even the critics panned it. It will most likely get some Oscars for Special Effects, possibly make-up.

Sorry buddy, but At Worl'd End will not break any records.
I know it's early to say but we'll see i don't think that was a disappointment we have 1 billion here and I'm sure that every one said at the end of the movie "I can't wait for the third part"

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I think I remember saying, "that's it!?"
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally Posted by spudracer
I think I remember saying, "that's it!?"
Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
I remember rolling my eyes.

yes but i'm not saying about you 2 how about the other half of the world that don't know sh1t about movies and went to see it just for fun(enjoyment)

There are those who call me...Tim.
I think it's a given that AWE won't match DMC's box office performance, or increase in a similar way to ROTK over TTT, but comparisons with the Matrix sequels is a little strong. When rounded up, Revolutions made just 58% of what Reloaded managed at the worldwide box office, and in the US just 49%.

There's not a chance in hell of AWE suffering that same fate. Despite the opinions of what I assume the majority of Mofo users share may have you believe (that's not a dig, it's just an observation), a lot of people actually liked this movie.

I don't pretend to be an expert at box office numbers, but I really don't expect AWE to become the lowest grossing film of the franchise, and certainly not in such spectacular fashion as The Matrix: Revolutions.

Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
I really don't expect AWE to become the lowest grossing film of the franchise.
Spot on...spot on.

Wow it's crazy how Dead Man's Chest made over a billion. How much did the first one make?

Is That Your Best?
It is definetly deserving. Great Film. Can't wait for the next.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n157/MSakuro/me2.jpg

Thats a lot of money!

movies only get to 1 billion when people keep going back over and over again because something is working very well on screen (IMO Jack/Elizabeth pairing)..trust me AWE wont be a flop...It may not draw people to keep seeing it again if its not a Jack/Elizabeth ending however.

The matrix 2 drew in the croud because movie 1 was amazing..movie 2 left people dissapointed and so the same amount didn't go to see 3

Its the way sequels work. If the movie before it was a success the next will be determined on that OR somtimes as is the case with LOTR 1 and Harry Potter 1..its a success but many people who saw it left thinking "boring" and so their sequels express that LOTR 2 didn't draw in the same amount as did Harry Potter 2.but its funny how people really liked TTT probably much through DVD etc and so movie 3 was a success at 1 billion..because of those sales and because they went to see it over and over again.

if PotC are doing a 4, I suggest they dont screw up the ending of AWE with Will and Elizbaeth ending up together.

Important thing to note. Jack Sparrow is the money of the movies..we saw Jack Sparrow with the lead female and people obviously loved it.

The movie didnt get to billion because Will found his father.

That is ridiculous. I like it how billions can be spent on entertainment while education, mental health services, health care, etc. continues to suffer.

"You know, cancer is real bad because it, like, kills people and that's bad, because then they can't see Jack Sparrow hook up with the lead female, and that's sad. I'm sorry. Did I say, medium popcorn? I meant large. What was I talking about?"
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.