Norman Lear RIP

Tools    

Was I the only one who didn't notice that Norman Lear, who received an Oscar nomination for his screenplay for divorce American Style, wrote another Dick Van Dyke comedy called Cold Turkey and reinvented television forever by creating shows like One Day at a Time, Good Times, Maude, The Jeffersons, and, of course, the groundbreaking All in the Family, passed away on Decembr 5 at the tender age of 101? A pioneer television icon. RIP

Was I the only one who didn't notice that Norman Lear, who received an Oscar nomination for his screenplay for divorce American Style, wrote another Dick Van Dyke comedy called Cold Turkey and reinvented television forever by creating shows like One Day at a Time, Good Times, Maude, The Jeffersons, and, of course, the groundbreaking All in the Family, passed away on Decembr 5 at the tender age of 101? A pioneer television icon. RIP
I heard about his passing. What a man! He's responsible for reshaping television in the 1970s. One Day at a Time, Good Times, Maude, The Jeffersons and All in the Family...I loved and watched all of those shows. Also he produced Sandford and Son, Mary Hartman Mary Hartman, The Facts of Life.'

What a career!

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.

I heard about it like the day or two after he died. It was all over MeTV.

Two ways to "win" the game.

1. Live fast, die young, leave behind a good-looking corpse. You live evergreen in the memories of the public who will always wonder what more you might have done. Your memory, venerated.

2. Live long, die old, leave behind a bad-looking corpse. The public will not remember that you even existed and no one you never met will hold a vigil for your passing. No beatification or tee-shirts. However, you may have lived an actual life during your time. Norman Lear > James Dean.