What is your best movie villan where they made you really despise them

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I agree Dirk120- no one as hateful and evil as Nurse Ratchet.....

BUT - not technically a villain, not even evil- however for sheer grating on one ' s nerves annoyingness - that whining, thwarting, self pitying and -actually with repeated viewings- it is apparent this snivelking ( and snorting lmao) dweeb is a full blown self indulgent narcissist- F U ( Felix Unger! I wouldn't have stopped throwing things with just a plate of pasta

"Now it's garbage"
This was hilarious. Say what you really mean, LL.

Tell him Archibald Cunningham is at his service.

Well, since someone else mentioned Joffrey in GoT I'll assume TV bad guys are eligible for consideration. Antony Starr as Homelander in The Boys also makes for a great villain.

I think the first villain that I deeply hated in movies was the psychopathic bully Jack Wilson in Shane (1953). Wilson was played to the hilt by the great Jack Palance. Palance was so effective in the role that I'd never seen anything like it.

Wilson was the polar opposite of Shane, played by Alan Ladd-- a character with high morals and honor. Palance had an affinity for playing villains, although he was also a fine dramatic actor, and dabbled in comedy later in life.

Stephen King’s a fan of Dolores’, IRC.

"The gently smiling Dolores Umbridge, with her girlish voice, toadlike face, and clutching, stubby fingers, is the greatest make-believe villain to come along since Hannibal Lecter."

For me, Kurtwood Smith as Clarence Boddicker stood out in the original Robocop (1987).
He was so convincing at playing an evil villain.

Then, two years later he played the bad dad (a different kind of evil) in Dead Poets Society (1989).

It took me a long time to stop viewing him as pure evil.

the best villain where you really came to despise them and enjoyed seeing them die or what ever happened to end the villain?

1 bruce dern, watching John wayne die as a kid for the first time traumatized me i still can't watch "the cowboys" even though it is a good movie, john Williams actually did the music score for it.
but this so effected my feelings for the character transferred to the actor bruce dern never want to see a film where he is the good guy i would never buy it.

2. king jeofffry from Game of thrones, i have never seen a bad guy in a film be that cruel just for fun.
OOOOH, I hated when Bruce Dern killed John Wayne in The Cowboys

[quote=mattiasflgrtll6;1902098]Eye For An Eye - Robert Doob is one of the most hatable characters in cinema history. Everything about him is so unbelievably disgusting that you shudder whenever he talks or creepily approaches someone. Kiefer Sutherland scared me shítless in that movie. Anti-hero Jack Bauer was nowhere to be found.

Keifer Sutherland was pure slime in An Eye for an Eye

This one's a bit obscure, but Brad Pitt as Early Grayce in Kalifornia (1993).

What helped was the fact that this was still early in Pitt's career, so he was relatively unknown when he played the part of a psychopathic serial killer.

Psychopathic Psychiatrist
Despising a movie villain?

Most movie villains are way too cool to despise them. I actually often despise the good guys/heroes because they seem to be too dumb at times and win over the villain because of having luck in the most cases rather than being better/stronger/smarter than the villain.

If i have to despise a villain, than itīs the 2019 version of JOKER because in my opinion it wasnīt even a villain and rather more of a sissy/crybaby/loser with a stupid laughing-malfunction. So that JOKER was a real pitiful "villain" and thatīs why i actually despise him.

The truth is in here

What helped was the fact that this was still early in Pitt's career, so he was relatively unknown when he played the part of a psychopathic serial killer.
One of Brad Pitt's greatest performances. He genuinely lost himself in the role, he was so creepy and every moment with him was incredibly uncomfortable.

Common answers for sure, but I'm going with Burke (Paul Reiser) in Aliens and Mansley in The Iron Giant. What is it about company people that makes them so despicable?

I've always said that Rutger Hauer is too effective in The Hitcher. So much so that I find it hard to revisit the movie because his on-screen presence in that film angers me so much. It could be that C. Thomas Howell is such a wimp and we're just basically watching Hauer bully him for 90 minutes.

Well, since someone else mentioned Joffrey in GoT I'll assume TV bad guys are eligible for consideration. Antony Starr as Homelander in The Boys also makes for a great villain.

I would add Ramsay Bolton to the two you mentioned.

While he's a fairly passive villain compared to most listed, John Houseman in the Paper Chase is the kind of man who in real life would haunt me. And even though you never really see him relish the damage he is doing to his students, you know he knows exactly what he's doing. And so I guess I hate him.

I would add Ramsay Bolton to the two you mentioned.
Oh absolutely.

For me, it's got to be Andrew Robinson as Scorpio in Dirty Harry (1971). His willingness to kill anyone and prey on the innocent, while skirting the criminal justice system, makes him total scum. Plus Robinson does a terrific job of making us hate him. Also, he is pathethic when Harry gets ahold of him. He begs for mercy and a lawyer while Harry steps on the hole he just blew in the guy's leg. Because Harry's not interested in this killer's rights, the guy gets away with it till the very end. But it's very satisying because you just want the guy to die, die, die!

Psychopathic Psychiatrist
LOL honestly i hated him when i was a kid, but today i love this evil character, most of all because he actually hates cops like i do! But i havenīt killed one (yet).

Brad Pitt was bone chilling in this. Made the movie worth watching all by himself.