Transformers 4

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I think anyone who has read my review here knows exactly what I think about this, but I believe it was HK that pointed out that as long as they keep making a billion with each movie then there is no stopping them.

Hasbro Plans "Transformers 4" & More

October 17th 2011

Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner is in active discussions with Paramount Pictures, director Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg to get the ball rolling on a potential fourth "Transformers" movie says The Hollywood Reporter.
Goldner says he he hopes to have news to share early next year. Despite Disney dumping the game-to-film adaptation "Ouija", the company says their "Stretch Armstrong" and "Candyland" adaptations are still being worked on. As for "Ouija", a script is being polished and could be back with a studio shortly.
Goldner adds that a "Micronauts" script is being worked on by J.J. Abrams at Paramount. He's quick to add that the company won't go the way of Marvel and produce their own films.

I will watch it because A) I have children, B) I love the Transformers, I went to see the animated film in the theater for my 8th birthday, and C) the third one didn't destroy my love for cinema the way the other two did. It was the first of about a billion needed steps for Michael Bay to find redemption in my eyes. If he makes a film every day for the rest of his life that is the same level of mediocre that Transformers 3 displayed then I can forgive him for the rest of his career.

Plus, I heard that Bay didn't want to make any more and that they make push ahead with a different director. That would be cool.

I vote Werner Herzog to direct Transformers 4!

Anyone but Bay, but I also heard he was done with the franchise, so this all comes as a bit of a shock. I really wouldn't mind if another director took over the series. J.J. Abrams, perhaps?

There are those who call me...Tim.
I'd like to see someone else have a go because the potential is there.

How Michael Bay managed to releases three terrible movies about giant fighting robots is a mystery for the ages...

...well, the first hour or so of the first film was great, but since then ugh.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Two "Transformers" Films Back-To-Back?

October 18th 2011

Hasbro is reportedly considering shooting fourth and fifth installments of "Transformers" back-to-back reports Variety.
The company is in active discussions with Paramount, Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg on how to move forward with the double film idea on the table. Scribe Ehren Kruger is said to have an idea that the studio is high on and has begun engaging writers for.
Shia LaBeouf won't be returning, though Jason Statham's name has come up again as a potential replacement though no offer has been made.
No word on when production would begin but a lengthy shoot in 2013 would be the earliest possibility. Michael Bay will serve as an executive producer, whether he'll return as director though is unknown.
Replacing Shia Lebeouf with Statham, that seems like the worst idea since making another Transformers movie without Megan Fox.

Jason Statham in most things is golden. Jason Statham punching Megatron in the face is too unbelievably good to be true.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
They must get rid of Shia Leboeuf (or however the **** you spell it). It was embarresing to watch the 3rd effort as they tried to come up with reasons for him even being in the film.

Must get rid of Micheal Bay for the abominations that were 2 and 3.

I love the idea of JJ Abrams. He made a fantastic Star Trek reboot.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
They should just stop with Transformers. While they would probably make money they are ruining that franchise.

Dark of the MOOn was pretty sweet. This thing is gonna keep making money no matter if they release good stuff or bad... just like pirates of the caribbean

come on guys, feast ur eyes for another transfie movie will u.

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
If a decent director is attached to the franchise I believe Transformers IV could be a decent film but if Michael Bay returns then I'll certainly be steering clear of it.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World