Who is plagiarizing reviews?

→ in
Tools    

You know it is really remarkable when I read some of the reviews in this forum, sometimes I get the feeling that I have read these reviews before but in other parts of the web.

I guess I could be wrong but this wouldn’t be the first forum that I have seen this happen to. I really don’t have a problem with it, however if you are going to copy someone else’s review maybe you need to put the link where you got the review from.

I remember back in the day they found somebody posting Joblo's reviews verbatim on IMDB... Now that was just stupid!

My Top 100 favorite movies.

Care to give an example?

And this is my BOOMstick!
plagirizing stuff is fun. if you get away with it.

Originally Posted by Mose
I remember back in the day they found somebody posting Joblo's reviews verbatim on IMDB... Now that was just stupid!
It is stupid to copy someone else’s reviews; I mean it is so obvious to say the least unless you put the person who wrote the review link in the review.

Originally Posted by Garrett
Care to give an example?
Oh you want to know who it is. Well it depends on who we are talking about and I am not here to point fingers at anyone at all. I just was stating facts that this sort of thing happens.

It's happened a few times here; and it's been pointed out a few times as well. When we notice it, we say something. I don't think it's pervasive, though.

I'd just like to know. Because if it were me you thought was plagiarizing, I'd at least like a chance to defend myself.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
It's also possible that the reviews are posted by the person who wrote them... and that they also post elsewhere under another name.
Why would they want too?

Originally Posted by Movie-man
Why would they want too?
If they are active on more than one forum, then why not?

As someone who writes an occasional review I would be curious to see an example.

Originally Posted by Mose
As someone who writes an occasional review I would be curious to see an example.
What would be the purpose?

To see who you are talking about... Plagerism is a pretty serious allegation, IMHO.

Originally Posted by Movie-man
What would be the purpose?
If you don't want to tell, then what is the purpose of this thread?

Lets put a smile on that block
This thread seems a bit stupid. If someones plagerising sort it out, if not, then let us read each of our reviews with joy and pride.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
It's possible too that someone here is being plagiarized, and would appreciate hearing it if you've seen their reviews elsewhere. So unless you're just blowing smoke, you should probably say what you're basing this thread on.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
This thread seems a bit stupid. If someones plagerising sort it out, if not, then let us read each of our reviews with joy and pride.
HERE, HERE!

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
A.People who plaugerize are un-creative attention whores
B.Why would you state such a fact while keeping an aura on anonymity upon it?
C.People like to use different names on different forums, I post on maybe five different ones regularily, with six or so different user names.
D.I'd like to know who if anyone on these boards have been plaugerizing, I want to know that if I make any accusations they will be correct and not faulty.

Anyway sorry if this makes no sense, i'm very very tired, just thought i'd throw my two cents into the ring.

Ok I admit maybe I shouldn’t have posted this thread, but I didn’t think it would get this much heat. I really am not pointing the finger at anyone in here and if I lead you all to believe that then I am totally sorry.

I mentioned it mainly because I have seen this in the past in other forums on the web and to point my finger at one person surly would cause conflict between a lot of people and I am not going down that street.

I liked this site because the people are real and there doesn’t seem to be any forum groupies here. You know the people that get together and gang up on newer members. Look guys, I am sorry for what I said.

There is one more thing, even if I did know a person that was doing this kind of thing, I surly wouldn’t confront them in a open forum, no instead I would contact them privately, I think that would be the mature approach, don’t you think?