What would you like to see for 2005?

Tools    

Originally Posted by John McClane
Most of the time, they cost 15 bucks when they first hit the stores.
Yep. And then you have to wait another 3 or 4 months to get them to come down to about 10 bucks in places like rogers video........Second hand of cours.

I wanna see a good black a white movie come out, From what I recall there hasn't been one in a while, I always enjoyed black and white flicks. Plus I wouldn't mind some prices come down for some dvd's I mean christmas was hell because everything was like 32 to 60 dollars.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

And this is my BOOMstick!
dvds cant cost 60 bucks... (unless it some super extended collector's edition in a tin box) the most expensive one ive ever seen was 29

Originally Posted by Nitzer
dvds cant cost 60 bucks... (unless it some super extended collector's edition in a tin box) the most expensive one ive ever seen was 29
I think he/she was talking about box sets not just single movies, paying that much for a single DVD would be stupid.

No i am talking single movies... But dont forget I am canadian prices are a.... bit over the top for some. Like I saw Leon for like 34. I've seen Labrynth for 72 dollars.. its crazy.

Originally Posted by The_Elephant_Man
No i am talking single movies... But dont forget I am canadian prices are a.... bit over the top for some. Like I saw Leon for like 34. I've seen Labrynth for 72 dollars.. its crazy.
yeah im talking Canadian too, and the average price for a DVD here is 25

Where the hell do you live!! lol and where do you go for movies.
i live in Calgary and usually buy movies from Futureshop or Superstore

Costco has pretty good prices if there is one in your neighborhood

screw memberships

I feel for you, I didn’t realize that Canada was so expensive. It seems that it would be a lot better if they sold their movies for the same price as we pay here in the states. I am rooting for you, Canada lower your prices!!!!

Originally Posted by Movie-man
I feel for you, I didn’t realize that Canada was so expensive. It seems that it would be a lot better if they sold their movies for the same price as we pay here in the states. I am rooting for you, Canada lower your prices!!!!
Well i'm from Vancouver Canada and the usual price for a new dvd just on the shelf is around 23 to 26 bucks canadien. Sometimes above 30. For example, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) Special Edit. was around 34 dollars first. Then just recently, i saw it down to 15 at the HMV music store. Not often you see that high a decrease in the cost though.

Originally Posted by Movie-man
Do you not realize Canada has their own currency, and the exchange rate is different? As of today, $25 Canadian is equal to about $20 in American bucks. Therefore their "average" price for a new DVD is very much the equivalent of ours.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Less fanboys and braindead movie-goers.
You're living in a dream-world my friend.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Do you not realize Canada has their own currency, and the exchange rate is different? As of today, $25 Canadian is equal to about $20 in American bucks. Therefore their "average" price for a new DVD is very much the equivalent of ours.
Thanks for setting that straight.

Originally Posted by susan
how about less remakes and more originality
I second that, and I'd add NO sequels either.

You ready? You look ready.
A girlfriend.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

i want to see a good scary movie made, one that makes me have nightmares like they used to, thats what i wanna see

Originally Posted by blacken
i want to see a good scary movie made, one that makes me have nightmares like they used to, thats what i wanna see
Well there are a few to choose from this year.

January 28, 2005

Hide and Seek"
Directed by John Polson
A widowed father desperately tries to break through to his nine year old daughter when she creates a creepy, maniacal imaginary friend with a terrifying vendetta.

February 4, 2005

"Boogeyman"
Directed by Stephen Kay
A young man traumatized by memories of terrible events he experienced in his childhood bedroom reluctantly returns to face his fears of a monstrous entity that could be real or merely a figment of his imagination.

February 25, 2005

"Cursed"
Directed by Wes Craven
The "Scream" team of writer Kevin Williamson and Director Wes Craven team up on this werewolf flick where an American teenager discovers he has "the curse" of the wolf.

March 11, 2005

"The Cave"
Directed by Bruce Hunt
A group of hotshot cave divers get trapped in an underground cave system and are forced to battle demonic creatures when they attempt to escape.

"The Jacket"
Directed by John Maybury
A man accused of murder lands in an asylum and due to experimental drugs, foresees his death (but not who did it or how) in four day's time. Now the only question that matters is: can the woman he meets in the future save him?

March 18, 2005

"Ring 2"
Directed by Noam Murro
The sequel to the 2002 horror film, "The Ring". Plot details are tightly under wraps, but both Naomi Watts and David Dorfman return in the new film.

April 15, 2005

"The Amityville Horror"
Directed by Andrew Douglas
Remake of the 1979 film about a family who is terrorized by ghosts in their new home.

April 29, 2005

"House of Wax"
Directed by Jaume Collet-Serra
Car troubles lead a group of college students to wander into a museum overseen by a sadistic curator.

June 3, 2005

"High Tension"
Directed by Alexandre Aja
Two teen girls settle in for a relaxing weekend at a country farmhouse, unaware that a violent intruder is speeding toward them to transform their dreams into a relentless, bloody nightmare.

August 2005

"Dark Water"
Directed by Walter Salles
A mother and daughter are forced to move into a run down apartment after an ugly custody battle, and are haunted by something that used to live above them and gives them water-based nightmares.

September 2, 2005

"The Woods"
Directed by Lucky McKee
A neglected teenager at summer camp is tormented by her classmates and is desperate to go home. But when students start disappearing and she begins to have horrifying visions, she realizes things at the school are not what they seem. She only knows there's something out there in the woods - and it won't be letting her leave any time soon.

October 21,2005

"George A. Romero's Land of the Dead"
Directed by George A. Romero
Zombies having taken over the world and those left alive are confined to a walled-in city that keeps out the corpse corps. Anarchy rules the streets, with the wealthy insulated and living in fortified skyscrapers. A group of scavengers must thwart an attempt to overthrow the city while the dead are evolving from brainless slow-moving creatures into more advanced creatures.

December 12, 2005

"King Kong"
Directed by Peter Jackson
Remake of the classic horror film about a giagantic ape who runs amok in New York City.