Arachnophobia

→ in
Tools    

Arachnophobia (1990)
Cast: Jeff Daniels, Harley Jane Kozac, John Goodman

Eight legs, two fangs and an attitude.

A large spider from the jungles of South America is accidently transported in a crate with a dead body to America where it mates with a local spider. Soon after, the residents of a small California town disappear as the result of spider bites from the deadly spider offspring. It's up to a couple of doctors with the help of an insect exterminator to annihilate these eight legged freaks before they take over the entire town.

This film is just one of the scariest things I have ever seen, and I mean that seriously. After watching the movie, I realized I was afraid to go into the bathroom. I made my way in there, looking in the corners for spiders and when a fly flew by, I jerked back and ran out. No joke, this arachnophobia seriously lasted for a couple of years and all due to this horrorific masterpiece. Amazing direction I might add, the film took meaning of that. The script was perfect and it just draws you in, like a web. The acting was extremely good, mostly shown in the performances of Jeff Daniels and John Goodman. The movie was great in my opinion, and as a horror film, it did pretty good. The ending was the scariest part of the film, it puts you on the edge of your seat until the credits roll on screen. If you haven't seen this film, see it sometime soon, because it will have you jumping and squirming throughout the entire thing - but hey, that's what horror movies are for.

My Rating:

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
This was a good film but it has majorly put me off spiders even more, it has added paranoia to my already big phobia of spiders, checking the toilet excetra...

You want to post like me?
I woke up last night with four legs creeping down my forehead and slowly appearing from my eyebrows. I actually slapped my head per reflex and made myself a bit dizzy... I doubt I will be watching this alone.