Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Here's my issue. They are going to continue using him for Justice League. Why in the world would you not want to use someone that people are already familiar with and love. Grant is an excellent Flash. I am not the only one that is upset with this turn of events. There are all kinds of people that are commenting that it should have been Grant playing the part as he is already a household name and well known for that specific character.
Because Arrow and Flash are not serious, their story sucks ass, they are like those Spanish TV series where your father ends up being your mother... Then there is a restriction in terms of writing and creativity, all of that for some meh show? If people can't understand there are two separate universes... Humanity is lost.

Originally Posted by Optimus
The fight scenes at the end is fantastic. I hate the haters of this movie.
I wouldn't call myself a hater, but I would call myself bored after 55 minutes.

Originally Posted by teeter_g
Here's my issue. They are going to continue using him for Justice League. Why in the world would you not want to use someone that people are already familiar with and love. Grant is an excellent Flash. I am not the only one that is upset with this turn of events. There are all kinds of people that are commenting that it should have been Grant playing the part as he is already a household name and well known for that specific character.
I get it, I'm just saying you can barely hold that against THIS movie.

I was literally listing the TWO things that bothered me about this movie and you have to be an ass about it.
I'm not being an ass about it, I'm just pointing out what you just made plain yourself: bias. That's such an infinitesimal part of the movie and yet you blew it up to such a degree that you left no room to acknowledge the other far more significant problems with it.

To me, character casting is not trivial. Sorry, not sorry.
For someone with that little screentime and virtually no opportunity to prove themselves in the role, yeah, I'd call that trivial.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
That's such an infinitesimal part of the movie and yet you blew it up to such a degree that you left no room to acknowledge the other far more significant problems with it.
It wasn't blown out of proportion until you started your crap. I enjoyed the movie, you didn't. Simply put. There were two things that bothered me and I spoke about them. The character casting is a point that I CAN get past but it doesn't mean that it won't bug me for a little bit. I understand why they can't get the same guy, after some thought it doesn't make much sense. I love the television shows and would have enjoyed seeing the characters from the shows on the big screen, however, it is understandable that they wouldn't have the time from the shooting of the television shows that they are already under contract for and probably the clauses in said contract. On to the second issue, the guns. Batman NEVER used guns. I like that they are moving into a more realistic angle with him because honestly he never would have survived so long without them. I don't like that they aren't staying true to the comics but it is the movies and you have to draw a crowd somehow. I can't wait to see the sequel and the spin offs. Suicide Squad is also something that I am looking forward to. The DC Universe has many BIG movies coming up. I prefer DC to Marvel. I always have. I always will.

It wasn't blown out of proportion until you started your crap.
Jeez, chill, I was just pointing out that on the list of problems with this movie, the actor playing The Flash is an extraordinarily small criticism.

I enjoyed the movie, you didn't. Simply put.
I don't think that's what I was getting at.

There were two things that bothered me and I spoke about them.
Then I find it very strange that they're the only things that bothered you. The Flash wasn't on my radar at all.

On to the second issue, the guns. Batman NEVER used guns. I like that they are moving into a more realistic angle with him because honestly he never would have survived so long without them. I don't like that they aren't staying true to the comics but it is the movies and you have to draw a crowd somehow.
It seems like you're excusing deviations so long as it panders. Ironically, it seems most crowds would have preferred Batman NOT shoot people.

I can't wait to see the sequel and the spin offs. Suicide Squad is also something that I am looking forward to.
I really want to see that too.

The DC Universe has many BIG movies coming up. I prefer DC to Marvel.
Duh... okay?

I always have. I always will.
You know, there's no actual advantage to you picking sides. You can like both Marvel movies AND DC movies and criticize them both when they **** up. If DC movies go down the drain you really don't have keep waving their flag around, just give credit where credit is due.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Jeez, chill

You know, there's no actual advantage to you picking sides. You can like both Marvel movies AND DC movies and criticize them both when they **** up. If DC movies go down the drain you really don't have keep waving their flag around, just give credit where credit is due.
You poke and poke and when I finally get fed up and fire back just a little you tell me to chill? LOL! That is hilarious! As for the last part of your statements, I do like both universes and do criticize them both, but still prefer DC. I like their heroes better.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
You poke and poke and when I finally get fed up and fire back just a little you tell me to chill? LOL! That is hilarious! As for the last part of your statements, I do like both universes and do criticize them both, but still prefer DC. I like their heroes better.
I'd have to agree with Dc being better.

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
TDKR
Batman Returns
Batman vs Superman
Man Of Steel
Watchmen

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

You poke and poke and when I finally get fed up and fire back just a little you tell me to chill? LOL! That is hilarious!
If making a reasonable observation of something you said is poking you and driving you to get fed up and fire back, what would sarcasm do? Seriously, what about anything I've said is pushing you to this?

You've called me an "ass", called what I've said "crap", and now you're feigning amusement at me. I'm not the antagonist here.

Are you seriously not expecting people to disagree with you? Should I also get upset when people point out when I've admitted to overlooking the vast majority of fair criticisms leveled at a movie? Should I bust out and start accusing people of badgering me when I get unnecessarily defensive?

Madness is the emergency exit…
DC got better heroes indeed but in terms of cumulative efforts and a cinematic universe, Marvel is still way ahead of them. I just don't understand why they are acting like so desperate & trying too hard (i.e. BvS) while they got plenty of awesome stories to tell. They just need a dedicated group of people who loves & knows about DC universe very well, instead of relying too much on Snyder.

Kevin Smith and his buddy I think perfectly points out why some fans hate this movie. It's worth a listen. Audio Only.

I had the same reaction. I couldn't wait to get to my car and leave that dour taste behind to be honest. And yes, I've heard Kevin has back-pedaled a bit since these comments but these are his true thoughts. Fear of never getting a future paycheck from DC/WB and the loyal fanboy backlash must have been a lot of pressure.

I was so excited to watch this movie but once it started I found mysef wondering when the action would come hahah

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
This just in, the Batman movie is gonna be Arkham Asylum.

Maybe not. The news of multiple villains makes me want this treatment. Just blow through a bunch of them and be done.

So happy for Ben Affleck. This man is great, and his performance into the Batman/Wayne character is great. Yes, yes... Daredevil was crap, but there were not only this performance in his career ;-)

Welcome to the human race...
So... anybody else aware of this "Extended Cut"/"Ultimate Edition" thing?
I'm intrigued enough to potentially watch it for the sake of comparing it to the theatrical cut, but I can't imagine it making a significant difference to the proceedings. We'll see if it comes out here, though.

I was a bit disappointed that my room mate already watched the Extended Edition without me (his friend got the digital version so he went over there and watched it when I was going to work ). Other than a couple of short scenes that help clarify a few small plot holes, he said that overall it made little difference to the movie.