33rd Hall of Fame

Tools    

I forgot the opening line.

The 33rd Hall of Fame
All are welcome!

So many great movies out there to choose from. From obscure favourites, to all-time classics, every Hall of Fame throws up interested and varied films for us to either check out for the first time or watch again - there are literally 1000s of candidates out there!

Just PM me the name of the movie you want to nominate (after checking here to make sure it hasn't won a previous Hall of Fame) and in around a week from now I'll reveal the list of films we're about to discuss, review and vote on.

Rules of Participation:  

I'll extend the deadline on this Hall of Fame seeing as the Noir and Neo Noir Countdowns are about to commence, and will take up some of our time over the coming weeks - so no need to worry about being too busy. There's plenty of time to settle the competition between the selected movies. I'll keep who nominated what anonymous until the end, but everyone is free to put their hand up and say "I nominated this or that movie". Please, keep debate, but don't argue.

Let's make this the best Hall of Fame we've ever had! Or at the very least the second best!

DEADLINE : MAY 31st

Please note : I'm operating under Australian Western Standard Time, which will feel a little unusual compared to other hosts. If you ever want to quickly check how it compares, then :

If you're on the West Coast of the U.S.A. add 15 hours
If you're on the East Coast of the U.S.A. add 12 hours
If you're in the U.K. add 7 hours

"Where's PHOENIX?" - He's probably sleeping.

Participants :

PHOENIX74 - (nomination locked in)
jiraffejustin - nomination received
John W Constantine - nomination received
edarsenal - nomination received
beelzebubble - nomination received
cricket - nomination received
Citizen Rules - nomination received
rauldc14 - nomination received
Siddon - nomination received
ScarletLion - nomination received
Hey Fredrick - nomination received

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

NOMINATIONS

Aftersun (2022)

The Bank Job (2008)

Beau Travail (1999)

God's Little Acre (1958)

L'humanité (1999) - Withdrawn

Macbeth (1971) - Disqualified

A Man For All Seasons (1966)

Mona Lisa (1986)

Shoplifters (2018)

There Will Be Blood (2007)

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948)

REVIEWS

beelzebubble :

God's Little Acre
Mona Lisa
There Will Be Blood
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
A Man For All Seasons
Shoplifters
The Bank Job
God's Little Acre

cricket :

Shoplifters
Beau Travail
A Man For All Seasons
Mona Lisa
God's Little Acre

Citizen Rules :

Beau Travail
Aftersun
The Bank Job
Mona Lisa
God's Little Acre

edarsenal :

God's Little Acre
The Bank Job
A Man For All Seasons

Hey Fredrick :

The Bank Job
Mona Lisa
L’humanité
God's Little Acre
Beau Travail
A Man For All Seasons
Aftersun

jiraffejustin :

Shoplifters

John W Constantine - ballot received :

Macbeth
Mona Lisa
L'humanité
The Bank Job
God's Little Acre
There Will Be Blood
A Man For All Seasons
Shoplifters
Aftersun
Beau Travail

PHOENIX74 :

rauldc14 :

Beau Travail
Mona Lisa
L'Humanite
God's Little Acre
The Bank Job
Shoplifters

ScarletLion (Withdrawn) :

Shoplifters
Beau Travail

Siddon (Disqualified) :

A Man For All Seasons
Macbeth
Shoplifters
God's Little Acre
Aftersun
Beau Travail
Mona Lisa
The Bank Job

I will probably stay in the sidelines, what with the Neo-noir countdown and countless other stuffs going on in my life... but who knows? I will check the reveals.

I will probably stay in the sidelines, what with the Neo-noir countdown and countless other stuffs going on in my life... but who knows? I will check the reveals.
I'm going to add a couple of weeks to the deadline because of the Countdowns, which many of us will be busy with (and which will dominate CR's and your time completely) - so I'm hoping that won't be an issue for many people.

I'm going to add a couple of weeks to the deadline because of the Countdowns, which many of us will be busy with (and which will dominate CR's and your time completely) - so I'm hoping that won't be an issue for many people.
Thanks Phoenix. For me the countdown won't cut into my HoF time because my HoF watching will just take place during my usual relaxation movie watching period...Movie and dinner time that is, because the kitchen table never gets used!

I watch less when me and wifey are getting along and we've been getting along, plus Celtics and work.
TV series and sports then? I hope you're not working three jobs, yikes! Hope you join the HoF.

Leaning towards yes, if I can find something worthy enough for all you cinephiles.
That's been my thought for the last few days. Guess I've come in last or next to last enough So gotta think hard on a good nom.

TV series and sports then? I hope you're not working three jobs, yikes! Hope you join the HoF.
My regular job is Tues thru Fri but I usually get home around 2-230. I work part time Fri, Sat, and Sun but just 2 1/2 hours per night. Don't actually need it but it's very much worth it. Another reason I don't watch as many movies now is because I go to sleep when I'm tired. I start at 5am so I try to be in bed 10-1030

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
looks like I'm in. Going with one I haven't seen since I was a kid. Should be a blast.