Actor trademarks

Tools    

I was flipping channels tonight and saw a few minutes of Ghost. I noticed the little salute-wave thing that Patrick Swayze always does and got to thinking about other actors and their trademarks. I only came up with a few like Keanu Reeves and his "Whoa", Jim Carrey and the impression he always throws in as well as some kind of referrence to Star Trek or William Shatner, Arnold and "I'll be back", and Harrison Ford with his infamous rolling-of-the-eyes that he does in every film. I wonder if actors make a conscious effort to add these little tidbits to all their films. Can anybody think of any others?

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Hugh Grant and his stammer and floppy hair almost qualify (although that's not acting .

Tom Cruise knows the ladies love his cheeky grin.

Obviously Bruce Lee had his little squeaks.

Clooney ditto for talking while he's looking for loose change and finding something slightly amusing (I'm sure you know what I mean).

OllieO, are you talking about Clooney doing that head thing while he's talking, like he's a bobble head doll or something.

John Wayne had his familiar, almost drunk-like walk he'd do sometimes.

Cary Grant had a thing he'd do in movies where, when he was flustered, would make some noisy little whimper, then start to mumble. Arsenic and Old Lace is a prime example of this, although he's done it in many movies.

Paul Lynde (Uncle Arthur on "Bewitched") always would shake his head, most of the time with his head tucked in, in almost everything he did, even his famous stint on the game show "The Hollywood Squares."

Vince Vaughn, with his leaning his head backwards or to the side when he hears something he doesn't believe or agree with, kind of making a double-chin at the same time.

Humphrey Bogart had a little facial tic, I don't know if it was just for the movies or something truly physical he dealt with, but he'd kind of twitch the corner of his mouth during a scene.
this gif, if it shows up, kind of gives what I'm talking about. When he talks here, he does it---you kind of see what looks like a smile starting, but it's that twitch---this is the only example I could find in short time:

Master of My Domain
Wow this thread is 14 yrs old- belongs in a museum!

Nicolas Cage counts at all times!

I realize you were baiting me, Rodent, but I could not resist. Somewhere out there, Nic Cage is crying...or laughing, I'm not sure which. That's part of his trademark.