just saw donnie darko again

Tools    

hey, i just got done watching donnie darko for about the fourth time. awesome movie, but was just wondering what you thought it meant. did he go back in time to change it? or was he just seeing into the future the whole time? figured i'd get some other opinions...

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I think he was seeing into the future. I couldn't stand the film the first time I watched it. It was just strange and dreary for me. The rabbit was creepy.

Watching it again I noticed a few things I hadn't before. It made a little more sense to me but still, it's not one of my favorites. As always, I have to care about someone in the story to really like it. I wanted to slap the lead and didn't care about any of the other characters at all.

hey, i just got done watching donnie darko for about the fourth time. awesome movie, but was just wondering what you thought it meant. did he go back in time to change it? or was he just seeing into the future the whole time? figured i'd get some other opinions...
This film is definitely one that is open to interpretation. I thought that he went through a worm hole to an different time stream. To one where he didn't die. While there he discovers god, learns to appreciate those that love him, and through death he finds his purpose - saving his mother and sister.