Animal stories, photos, movies, books. Feel good stuff.

Tools    

Cow-hugs (very beautiful)

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Cow-hugs (very beautiful)

Thanks for posting, Bonito.

You would have to ask @ashdoc but that's probably his beautiful cow and he's a mendicant with an entreprenurial gift entertaining the tourists.
Bless. What a beautiful smile.

hey Dani, I love this thread and I'm gonna keep posting pictures of Leia. She follows me much better than before her involuntary trip to shelter and looks like she's maturing. Spring is here and i gotta be careful about ticks and ppl keep buying anti tick collar for dogs, however, imagine that, somehow Leia is immune to ticks and she's not getting them. They probably dont like her blood or something, Do you have tick problem in Australia?
I love this thread as well, Nesto. I just wish Stirchley would take her sadness to some other thread. This is my feelgood thread and I dont like it being flooded with SAD (seasonal affective disorder) or post feelgood comments in here instead.

Oh yes we most certainly do have the tick problem here, and I live in the bush which is the habitat for a lil critter that carries them.

That's interest that she's immune to them. I've had two ticks on me in my life - possibly more but I cant recall. Not hurty but they do leave a bit of an irritation.

Thanks for posting, Bonito.

You would have to ask @ashdoc but that's probably his beautiful cow and he's a mendicant with an entreprenurial gift entertaining the tourists.
Bless. What a beautiful smile.
In India only the religious hindus are interested in cows. And I am not a religious person at all

In India only the religious hindus are interested in cows. And I am not a religious person at all
I know you're not religious. You told me.

Oh yes we most certainly do have the tick problem here, and I live in the bush which is the habitat for a lil critter that carries them.

That's interest that she's immune to them. I've had two ticks on me in my life - possibly more but I cant recall. Not hurty but they do leave a bit of an irritation.
Do you have much in the way of tick-borne diseases to worry about? (Such joys as Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever come to mind in these parts.)

Do you have much in the way of tick-borne diseases to worry about? (Such joys as Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever come to mind in these parts.)
Lyme Disease and Ross River virus immediately spring to mind. A quick google tells me Ricketsia is here as is Typhus and Flinders Island Spotted Fever.Not tick borne but I've read several articles in the past about Malaria coming through. I dont know if it canbe tick related but Killer Flu has hit the sunny land downunder.

This is one of my all-time favourite animals videos, featuring a Spanish TV personality feeding some baby otters.
There can be few things in the world cuter & sweeter than baby otters, the sound they make at the end is sublime.

That is a thing of beauty. COMER!

Yeah I should take his advice. What a lovely man.

Couple of photos during whale-watching in Spain - so majestic and beautiful.

Couple of photos during whale-watching in Spain - so majestic and beautiful.

Gorgeous!

My parents used to watch for grey whales off the northwestern coast of the USA. What species are these?

Orcas. We saw three species that day: dolphins (I think bottlenose?), orcas and cachalotes.

This was the company and they did a great trip:

http://www.turmares.com/

It was in the Strait of Gibraltar, between Spain and Morocco.

This is one of my all-time favourite animals videos, featuring a Spanish TV personality feeding some baby otters.
There can be few things in the world cuter & sweeter than baby otters, the sound they make at the end is sublime.
Good Lord, this makes no sense. Why are baby otters caged? Otters live for the water. What the heck is this place!?

Good Lord, this makes no sense. Why are baby otters caged? Otters live for the water. What the heck is this place!?
It makes perfect sense. The man - Frank Cuesta - has frequently rescued otters that are young or baby orphans and unable to fend for themselves, and helped them pass through that vulnverable stage before releasing them back into the wild. This is an article about some of his work.
http://www.dmax.marca.com/actualidad...ibera-nutrias/
Please take your negativity elsewhere.

The same sense as dogs and cats being caged.As Bonito said, he rescues animals. I support Bonit'os final statement - take your negative nancy comments elsewhere. This is my feelgood thread thank you very much. If you cant leave your misery at the door, and post something feelgood then bump your friend Fanny's animal thread.

Please take your negativity elsewhere.
I have a right to question how animals are treated. Otters need to be in water whatever the circumstances.

ok so Leia acquainted another friend called Szarky. He broke his paw because Dog Hotel owner was an ass and knocked him down the stairs, however he's still fine to play with Leia and chasing her around. Very nice!

ok so i finally subscribed to this thread as i was tired of searching thru history. I'll be posting Leia's life hoping you don't get anointed by it

He broke his paw because Dog Hotel owner was an ass and knocked him down the stairs
And has this guy been arrested for abusing his dog? And is the dog being treated for his injury? (Please don’t post any photos of the broken paw - sickening.)