Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Maybe in 30 years I'll get through this one in one shot if someone hangs me up with hooks to my eyelids. It looked great though "hand makes jerking motion".
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Unregistered User
As I can see The Square hasn't brought you on the knees

This wasn't the new one Ms. M. We were talking about the 2017 one I think? Unfortunately I still haven't got round to it yet but I plan to ASAP!!

Never been a Jackie Chan fan but after seeing this I'm definitely going to check out more of his Hong Kong films. I normally use subtitles for movies but watched this one dubbed and, I have to admit, it added to my enjoyment. Most of the comedy sketches were mildy amusing but didn't have me laughing out loud, those moments were reserved for the awful dubbing. Great/fun stunts but could've used a few more action scenes. I also can't believe someone wasn't killed filming the opening firefight scene on the hill. Holy crap that was nuts.

Spanish ghost story from the director of [rec]. Veronica and her friends use a Ouija board (don't play with Ouija boards) to contact Veronica's dead father. Needless to say things go awry and Veronica has unknowingly put herself and her younger siblings in danger. This one builds up the tension pretty good and if you enjoyed the Babadook or Under the Shadow this might be worth checking out.

Unregistered User

Come and See (1985)

So many times I'm told about how depressing or bleak a movie is, yet it ends up being a disappointment to me. Not the case with Come and See. I don't think I'm exaggerating to say this is probably the most powerful war film I've ever seen and certainly the most disturbing. At near 2 and a half hours it would be easy to think that it would run out of steam but its so intense from the very beginning, right through and a lot of that has to come down to the main actor, Aleksey Kravchenko and how amazing his performance was.

I also loved how at times it became quite surreal. Blurring the lines of reality made it feel that Florya was really losing it!!

Phenomenal film.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I also loved how at times it became quite surreal. Blurring the lines of reality made it feel that Florya was really losing it!!
iirc we see and hear all and only what he sees and hears, therefore experiencing the war just as he experiences it.

There are many great anti-war films successfully refuting the glory of war, and portraying its horrors, but nothing is quite as devastating as Come and See. It takes war, strips it of all humanity, and beats it to dust. And with war it beats the viewer.

Unregistered User
iirc we see and hear all and only what he sees and hears, therefore experiencing the war just as he experiences it.

There are many great anti-war films successfully refuting the glory of war, and portraying its horrors, but nothing is quite as devastating as Come and See. It takes war, strips it of all humanity, and beats it to dust. And with war it beats the viewer.

Couldn't have said it better myself Minio!!

Very entertaining movie with great costumes and so on.
Unfortunatelly, I watched it after Oscar night and during almost whole movie display I was wondering, why it won Oscar? Why?
Quick answer is 2017 was a weak year for outstanding movies.

"Watch'you Talkin Bout Skywalker."
Quick answer is: Politics and social narrative have become more important than stories and characters or quality or artistic creativity.

I have seen the film as well. It is good. It's really good. I love Del Toro. ( Think he's a real artist ) But yah, wondered why this was so favored by the Oscars until I started to examine the overtones and details of the film in later thought.

Which brings me to the last film I saw in theaters - THE BLACK PANTHER!

An SJW Masterpiece.

Thank you Marvel. So help me if you guys funk up Infinity War with Thanos giving feminist sermons so help me I will unleash the power of the darkside on your candy ass.

Quick answer is: Politics and social narrative have become more important than stories and characters or quality or artistic creativity.

I have seen the film as well. It is good. It's really good. I love Del Toro. ( Think he's a real artist ) But yah, wondered why this was so favored by the Oscars until I started to examine the overtones and details of the film in later thought.

Which brings me to the last film I saw in theaters - THE BLACK PANTHER!

An SJW Masterpiece.

Thank you Marvel. So help me if you guy funk up Infinity War with Thanos giving feminist sermons so help me I will unleash the power of the darkside on your candy ass.
Can't wait to hear more of what this guy has to say.

I dont think it was that weak of a year when it comes to movies. Last year was terrible for me. 2013 was awful. But i do think there is a slow decline in the stories we get. Last year that i do rate highly was 2011, After that, there would be one stand out movie and rest just make up the numbers.

I do blame DC/Marvel crap that is loaded every year. People have stopped creating and just relying on CGI, rope tricks and over the top non sense. But since people like it, and it earns them money, its all good for the directors and production houses.

For me, I have just switched to Europe/Asia for my movie fix these days.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
If La La Land was made in 2017, it would have destroyed The Shape of Water EASILY for Best Picture.
To be honest, I think that what would be worse.

This might just do nobody any good.
I don’t think La La Land would’ve cracked top 3 for the academy this year.

Now, Emma Stone...I don't know if I'm jazzed about the outfit, I just know that I love her, so anything she wears...or doesn't wear, is okay with me.

Her second outfit during the event was really nice, and opposite in colour.