Wales: My Home, my anthem:

Tools    

So, this is where I'm from. Wales. This is my anthem being played at our national stadium yesterday, before our national rugby team played Scotland.

Gotta Love it.

Who won?

My wife and I honeymooned in the U.K. 5 years ago and we went to Wales. We visited Tenby, stayed in Saundersfoot - a small coastal town - and saw Carew Castle. Here are a few of the better pictures I took.

Saundersfoot:

I took this one behind a foggy window, hence the blur.

Carew Castle:

The countryside:

There are sheep everywhere.

It's a beautiful place. I wish we had stayed more than one day.

@ScarletLion, My youngest bro & his wife had an auto shop in Aberdovey for a few years. And my sister got her degree from Aberystwyth University.

@ScarletLion, My youngest bro & his wife had an auto shop in Aberdovey for a few years. And my sister got her degree from Aberystwyth University.

Really? Wow, Aberdovey is a lovely place. Most of that stretch of coastline is actually.

My wife and I honeymooned in the U.K. 5 years ago and we went to Wales. We visited Tenby, stayed in Saundersfoot - a small coastal town
Just round the corner from where I am from. We used to take day trips to Tenby every Summer. Great little town.

Really? Wow, Aberdovey is a lovely place. Most of that stretch of coastline is actually.
Yes, it is judging by the photos they sent me.

Aberystwyth Uni looks very imposing. I had no idea.

When we were kids & visited grands in Liverpool we always went to Rhyl. I hated it because the beach was full of jellyfish which terrified me.

Yes, it is judging by the photos they sent me.

Aberystwyth Uni looks very imposing. I had no idea.

When we were kids & visited grands in Liverpool we always went to Rhyl. I hated it because the beach was full of jellyfish which terrified me.
I don't know North Wales that well. The towns up there aren't great but the countryside is beautiful.

I don't know North Wales that well. The towns up there aren't great but the countryside is beautiful.

Yes, one time they sent me a small granite disc thing from Snowdonia that I still have.

You just reminded me that my middle bro & his buddies loved a peninsula in South Wales, but can’t remember the name. Do you know where I mean?

Yes, one time they sent me a small granite disc thing from Snowdonia that I still have.

You just reminded me that my middle bro & his buddies loved a peninsula in South Wales, but can’t remember the name. Do you know where I mean?
Possibly the Gower Peninsular, which is a beautiful place with lots of cliffs and beaches.

@ScarletLion, did you have a nice day yesterday?

Thank you, yes I did. My children had a day dressed in red learning about our national saint and having singing competitions.

And I watched a bunch of films.

Thank you, yes I did. My children had a day dressed in red learning about our national saint and having singing competitions.

And I watched a bunch of films.
Did you like that the Cambridges came to visit or that kind of thing doesn’t interest you? Either answer is fine.

Did you like that the Cambridges came to visit or that kind of thing doesn’t interest you? Either answer is fine.
No, I'm not a royalist in any shape or form. Most of the family are just spongers wasting huge amount of wealth and taxpayers money. The Prince of Wales doesn't even live in Wales. I wouldn't mind if the monarchy was abolished to be honest. Sell a few of the stately homes and redistribute the money to those in poverty.

Based on everything I've gathered through media, Wales is a beautiful place to live. Gotta love the ocean!
@ScarletLion will correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Wales is on the Irish Sea not an ocean.

@ScarletLion will correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Wales is on the Irish Sea not an ocean.
Both really. Irish sea to the west, Celtic sea to the south west and Bristol channel to the south east. All are part of the atlantic ocean.