The 10th Mofo Movie Hall of Fame

Tools    

Probably My Man Godfrey for me since it is on Hulu. I will get that and Ugetsu watched in the next few days and then go from there.

So what is everybody watching first? Lilya 4-Ever for me.
That's a good question...someone asked me about watching the films as a group, as it makes the conversation about the films more involved.

Hopefully some of us can watch some of the films around the same time and get the conversation going!

I'm glad you guys are saying what you're watching next, hopefully everyone can post what they are watching. I will try to watch the films as you guys do.

i was thinking i would start with the ones i found on youtube as you never know when they get removed

But thats a good idea Tongo-if its possible-to watch the movies as a group as that would definitly makes it more easier to discuss them..

But thats a good idea Tongo-if its possible-to watch the movies as a group as that would definitly makes it more easier to discuss them..
Me not Tongo....

I'll try to watch Lilya 4 Ever tonight. Some of the other movies will take me time to get as I'm on a waiting list at the library and at Netflix I get 1 DVD at a time.

I`ll watch Lilya aswell then if thats what most others are watching.
i havent seen it in a few years so i hope its as good as i remember.

keep in mind its a swedish production though-so dont expect that american budget kinda of film

Lots of interesting choices here, looks like a great line-up. Here's my first thoughts...

Empire Strikes Back - probably my fav Star Wars film, though the franchise never really appealed to me. I understand the love for it, but I'm not crazy about it myself. But Empire is the best of the bunch imo.

The Lucky Ones - don't think I have even heard of this. Should be interesting...

East of Eden - just watched this not too long ago. Really solid film, a good story with great cinematography and amazing acting by Dean. Unfortunately there are things that keeps this from being truly great. But a good nom, definitely.

Cul-De-Sac - I need to see more Polanski, so there we go. And this actually sounds pretty good, I'll look forward to it.

Amour - this was my first Haneke and I recently watched Caché, which would have prepared me for his style. But with Amour I was not prepared and the ending left me speechless and numb. I like how this guy takes on cinema and I wouldn't mind watching this again.

My Man Godfrey - never heard of it but it sounds good.

Blade Runner - as Camo (?) mentioned Blade Runner is really well made but it has never quite caught my attention the way I wanted it to. I wrote a detailed review of it that I'm to lazy to link to now, but that one pretty much explained it as I remember...

Lilya 4-Ever - sounds amazing and it's scandinavian. I might look forward to this out of all the noms...

Ugetsu - "just when you thought it was safe to go back in the HoFs..." dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun... This was actually on my watchlist, I just realized, so yeah, I will be anticipating this.

Dead Man's Shoes - also on my watchlist, sounds really good too.

I`ll be completely honest and say that i dont know much about directors and people behind the scenes unless they are very well know.so thats a bit of a coincidence.

But i love movies with that "independent movie" feel-movies that seem real. fish tank for example is another movie i really like if youve seen it.

so since thats the style he seems to be going for,i would actually say that yes he is

Also what i said above is why i wanted to see sweet sixteen aswell it seemed to be in the style i love.

Just saw the trailer for red road- im definitly going to watch it.