David Mamet

Tools    

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
David Mamet is a great playwright and screenwriter. My personal favorites from him have to be Glengarry and Speed the Plow. Speed the Plow is my favorite, and someday I hope to see it on Broadway. Are there any David Mamet fans on here?

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I like Glengarry GlenRoss.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I've got more or less everything he's done cinematically. Everything he's done cinematically...

I liked Heist, State and Main and The Winslow Boy the best of the films he's directed.

For adaptations of his plays I liked Lakeboat and Glengarry Glen Ross.

He did the screenplays for The Untouchables (lot of good one-liners) and apparently translated Chekhov for Vanya on 42nd Street (not sure what this means. Can he read Russian?)

Anyway, those are a couple of my favorites.

I do agree with you in this respect . That is something a very true fact.

Homicide and House of Games are two of my favorite movies; I'm surprised he is so little-known a director for his movies are masterpieces.

Spartan, Heist & Red Belt are my favourites!

There are such strong characters & stories. It seems like all those films are based on acting upon your conscience, no matter what the rest of the world wants you to do & sometimes coming out a winner, sometimes paying the price for it

All these films to me are about staying true to your self

Anybody agrees?