What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Haha yeah, that 50's style voice over is one of the most memorable things about the movie, along with the over the top performance from Jason Robards as Al Capone. Plus you get to see Dick Miller let rip with a Tommy gun. Happy days.

Welcome to the human race...
Got reminded of how much I liked this movie when I re-watched it so finally decided to acquire my own copy.

Interesting how Nicolas Cage is billed on the cover yet his appearance in the film is the definition of "blink-and-you'll-miss-it".

"Mirrors"

"Infestation"

"Flight of the Conchords" - Season 1

"Hurt Locker"

"The Spirit" - Extended Cut

"500 Bus Stops; with John Shuttleworth"

Could you let me know what this one's like when you watch it? Looks like an amusing trashy time filler.

When I do, I shall.

I must pull my finger out (slurp) and get some **** watched. Need to update my site too with some new reviews.
I been a slackin'.

The People's Republic of Clogher

I'm sure that Blu Ray secretly stands for 'spend all your money on stuff you already have on DVD'. I thought I'd got over this with DVDs and VHS tapes but evidently I'm just stupid.

"The Sopranos" - Season 1-6 Boxset

"Inglorious Basterds" - Shame about the crappy player generated 'chapter' headings they've put on this and the far too high subtitles!
Tossers.

And the good lady Wife picked up "Chuck" - Season 2 for us.

"Inglorious Basterds" - Shame about the crappy player generated 'chapter' headings they've put on this and the far too high subtitles!
Tossers.
You should see the subtitles on The Baader Meinhof Complex, because I can't! They're miniscule, unreadable. Studio Canal really dropped the ball on this one. I ended up returning the dvd without having seen the movie.

The subs are quite small (and yellow) but you can see them. They are just too high on the picture for me.

The HOH Subs are bigger and mostly on the bottom border...but they are of course on there for all the English parts too.

It's the player generated chapters and dates that are the worst. They look cheap and nasty (how I used to like my women in fact... )

MOON

In the Loop

Big Fan
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A few days ago I got these each for 5 bucks or less:

- Heat
- Insomnia
- The Outlaw Josey Wales
- Training Day

In the Beginning...
Yes.

Thanks to a shelving error at an FYE store in Maryland when I was home for Christmas, I already bought that one a few weeks ago.
Gotcha.

I went to Target last night to pick up Moon and The Hurt Locker, but only ended up with the latter. I guess they didn't feel like Moon was lucrative enough to even carry. I had to go to Meijer. (To Meijer!)

Originally Posted by Sleezy
I went to Target last night to pick up Moon and The Hurt Locker, but only ended up with the latter. I guess they didn't feel like Moon was lucrative enough to even carry.
Well, that's what you get for shopping at Target in the first place. Egads!

In the Beginning...
Hey man, they run some great deals, and they're the cheapest around... especially on Tuesday. Circuit City used to compete, but that's really it. Best Buy and FYE are outrageous.