Heath Ledger Found Dead in NYC Apartment

Tools    

Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody
Also,not to be insensitive. But the Batman movies seemed to be plagued with bad luck. Ken Watanabe for instance died during production of the last one. This is very shocking.
WTF? Are you trying to outdo meatwadsprite for stupidity (please let's not get into that ugly contest)? Ken Watanabe is most definitely alive and well, and the three movies he's made since Batman Begins, including starring in Clint Eastwood's lauded Letters from Iwo Jima, would seem to make that obvious. And yet...
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I think he is referring to This

What does that got to do with Ken Watanabe and Batman Begins?
Yes, I am sorry I didn't relize he said the last Batman movie, I am sorry for ignorance.

but anyway, it is sad that not 1 but 2 people have died that were in this movie that hasn't even come out yet.

Definitely a shocker... and so sad. He was much, much too young to end up like this... I feel really sorry for his daughter...

And Wad... the clock is ticking on you....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I've sent meatwad a warning.

Reports are coming out now that Ledger had a heroin problem and had been in rehab. I don't think I ever heard anything about that, for whatever reason did anyone else know he'd had drug problems?

There's something I've been wondering, too; will he be featured at the Oscars, like others in the industry who've passed away? Or do they only include people who died in the previous calendar year?

No I haven't. This is really sad news about Ledger. Is all of his footage shot?
Yes but, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, hasn't wrapped

Originally Posted by Yoda
There's something I've been wondering, too; will he be featured at the Oscars, like others in the industry who've passed away? Or do they only include people who died in the previous calendar year?
That "In Memorandum" segment is compiled of industry folks who have passed since the last Oscar ceremony. There is no calendar cutoff like the eligibility the films themselves go through, just if they've died since the last Oscar ceremony. So yes, no matter what form the Oscar telecast takes, picketed or not, nominees in attendance or not, Heath will most definitely be in the montage. As will Suzanne Pleshette, Brad Renfro, etc.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I've sent meatwad a warning.

Reports are coming out now that Ledger had a heroin problem and had been in rehab. I don't think I ever heard anything about that, for whatever reason did anyone else know he'd had drug problems?

I think that he wouldn't be included till next year's oscars, but it would be nice if he was this year. I had no idea about the drug problems. He was really a great actor, good as both a leading man and in character roles. he will be missed.

And you are way more patient with meatwad than anyone else would be, I think. must be the jedi training.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Completely unexpected. When I first saw this thread, I didn't believe the news. How sad, and a great talent. Who knows what the cause was. I wonder if it was an accident. I don't know much about him personally, but I do know he was in the middle of filming a Terry Gilliam project. It seems unlikely that if he was suicidal he would do so when contracted to a film. But of course if a person is suicidal, they're not always thinking clearly.

I just wonder if it was some freak accident or mishap.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
I think that he wouldn't be included till next year's oscars, but it would be nice if he was this year..
You think wrong. As I said, it is a ceremony-to-ceremony acknowledgment. In 1999, for example, Stanley Kubrick died on March 7th. His death was very much part of the Oscar ceremony that took place exactly two weeks later on March 21st: both the in memorandum segment and a special speech delivered by Tom Cruise (who had just finished Eyes Wide Shut with him).

So for a second time, yes, of course Heath's death will be acknowledged at the Oscars next month.

My life isn't written very well.
I think maybe meatwad is trying to make a joke to lift the mood, but unfortunately, the news is too fresh, too shocking, especially to movie lovers like us. It just isn't funny.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

He looks spooky in that Joker makeup for The Dark Knight... this is going to make seeing that movie even spookier.

R.I.P.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
You think wrong. As I said, it is a ceremony-to-ceremony acknowledgment. In 1999, for example, Stanley Kubrick died on March 7th. His death was very much part of the Oscar ceremony that took place exactly two weeks later on March 21st: both the in memorandum segment and a special speech delivered by Tom Cruise (who had just finished Eyes Wide Shut with him).

So for a second time, yes, of course Heath's death will be acknowledged at the Oscars next month.
Ok. I couldn't have read your post first as it was being posted the same time as mine,. but I stand corrected.

He looks spooky in that Joker makeup for The Dark Knight... this is going to make seeing that movie even spookier.

R.I.P.
I was thinking the same thing. I'd imagine the performance will take on a whole new vibe now. Though it may seem flippant, I can't help but wonder how that'll end up affecting the film, if at all.