So I finally saw the Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Tools    

I never saw it in theaters...didn't even see them when they came out on DVD, but for the first time I saw it this week..all 3 of them and they were pretty cool...Two Towers was amazing...Fellowship made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...and the ending of Return of the King was sad but good

Well good for you fella, I was totally amazed by all 3, I wasn't much into that fantacy hobit stuff until the movies came out. The really raised the bar for fantacy films and special effects...up to that time, when you thought cutting edge effects, you automatically thought of Star Wars...until the Lord of the Rings triology came out...

Which I believe put more pressure on Lucas to make either the last star wars film or last two, cg seamless...

I liked the Samoyan tribe riding those Godzilla sized elephants...I loved how all these mysterious tribes or nations were all uniting to fight the ultimate battle...

The hobbits were 'cute'...except for their hairy feet....

I thought every part of the story unfolded beautifully..it was full of rich layers.

I will go out on a limb and say they're well-made by anyone's standards, but opinion is a different story.

I'm a big fantasy man, so I loved 'em.

Being able to turn the books into film was an achievement in itself. IMO they are 3 of the finest films ever made.

They were very well-made but fantasy bores me. Did I really need 9 hours of it? No.

I loved the fact that they were each 3 hours long

You want to post like me?
I never saw it in theaters...didn't even see them when they came out on DVD, but for the first time I saw it this week..all 3 of them and they were pretty cool...Two Towers was amazing...Fellowship made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...and the ending of Return of the King was sad but good
Which one? Somebody had to say it...

The length didn't bother me at all and I've re-watched them several times...

Did you watch the Special extended editions Tiger?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Did you see the theatrical or extended versions? They do differ quite a bit.

I DO have to question you just barely seeing those movies when you peruse a movie forum.

Personally I absolutely loved the trilogy, I was fully satisfied after walking out of the theatres for the 1st and 3rd the 2nd I didn't like as much, which is not to say i didn't like it, I loved it, just not as much as the 1st and 2nd but Peter Jackson really showed his strong points in LOTR I've seen the extended version of the 1st and 2nd

yes I saw the extended version of Return of the King which was much better than the regular version..in the way it wraps up two towers instead of just leaving Saromon a mystery

yeah so far I like the extended versions a lot more

Still haven't managed to get through them all! Argh, maybe I should stop trying to watch all 3 in a row.. Always end up asleep on the couch with KFC on my lap and a hangover.

One of my favorite series!! Tolkien and Jackson