32nd Hall of Fame

Tools    

Here's my voting list, Double Indemnity would've been my number one.

1 Picnic at Hanging Rock
2 Missing
3 Light in the Piazza
4 H-8
5 Blow-Up
6 The Name of the Rose
7 Departures
8 Dial M for Murder
9 The Banshees of Inisherin
10 The Little Girl Who Conquered Time

Congrats to whoever nominated Dial M for Murder.
Thanks Raul for hosting.
Can we found out who nominated what?

Light in the Piazza (1962)

I am thoroughly and wonderfully surprised at just how much I enjoyed this film...What could have been a tense, conflicted story delving into mental illness is something delightful and life-affirming. I am oh, so happy to feel such pleasure in such films so well into my years...

So, to whoever nominated this, a giddy BRAVO and two joyous YAY!!!’s
That would be my nom and I chose this film with you specifically in mind. I thought that you might be the one person, other than myself, who would see a special magic in the film and just go with it and end up being touched by it. Your review was the highlight of this HoF for me. Glad you liked it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Light in the Piazza-Citizen
Dial M for Murder-Raul
H-8- Cricket
The Name of the Rose- Edarsenal
Missing- Siddon
The Little Girl Who Conquered Time - Jiraffe
Blow-Up- John Constantine
Departures-Hey Fredrick
Picnic at hanging rock-Phoenix

H-8
Dial M for Murder
Missing
Departures
Blow-Up
Light in the Piazza
The Little Girl Who Conquered Time
Picnic at Hanging Rock
The Name of the Rose

Thank you Raul and congratulations you bastard!

I love these HoFs and I hope we can keep them going. I'm bummed that we use to talk and discuss the movies and now in the last few HoFs we haven't done that much at all. Think we need to inject some freshness into these HoFs to keep them fun. I can't host myself, I'm doing the Noir countdown, but yeah we need a host for the 33rd. Let's make it the best one yet!

I love these HoFs and I hope we can keep them going. I'm bummed that we use to talk and discuss the movies and now in the last few HoFs we haven't done that much at all. Think we need to inject some freshness into these HoFs to keep them fun. I can't host myself, I'm doing the Noir countdown, but yeah we need a host for the 33rd. Let's make it the best one yet!
I think we can get the next one to be really good too! What we need is a host who is willing to breathe some fresh life into these.

Now by no means have the last ones been bad but I'd say maybe a fresh approach will do us some good to keep the interest there from when it begins to when it ends. The first few weeks when we are all watching stuff is really fun and then it kind of dwindles when people are holding off or delaying the last few films. I myself being a victim of that. I think I'll try to power rush through them the next time as it will just go smoother.

1. Missing
2. Dial M for Murder
3. Picnic at Hanging Rock (1975)
4. Blow-Up (1966)
5. H-8 (1958)
6. The Name of The Rose (1986)
7. Light in the Piazza (1962)
8. Departures (2008)
9. The Girl who leapt through Time (1983)

Which was pretty much in line with the order

I think we can get the next one to be really good too! What we need is a host who is willing to breathe some fresh life into these.
Amen to that...Every host has done a great job. It's just that it's nice to shake things up a bit, like having a different host at the Oscars.....and so then maybe a new idea or twist will come from that and increase the fun.

The first few weeks when we are all watching stuff is really fun and then it kind of dwindles when people are holding off or delaying the last few films. I myself being a victim of that. I think I'll try to power rush through them the next time as it will just go smoother.
Agreed.. I'm convinced that the longer an HoF is, the longer people take to finish, it's human nature. That's not a complaint just an observation. For me really long HOFs become so boring that I've wondered if I will keep joining.

I think we need firm deadlines and shorter watch times. I'm not saying to DQ somebody who needs a few days extra, I've never done that and wouldn't. This HoF was 4 months for 9 movies. The Noir IV HoF had 12 movies and was done in half the time, 2 months. Just sayin

Amen to that...Every host has done a great job. It's just that it's nice to shake things up a bit, like having a different host at the Oscars.....and so then maybe a new idea or twist will come from that and increase the fun.

Agreed.. I'm convinced that the longer an HoF is, the longer people take to finish, it's human nature. That's not a complaint just an observation. For me really long HOFs become so boring that I've wondered if I will keep joining.

I think we need firm deadlines and shorter watch times. I'm not saying to DQ somebody who needs a few days extra, I've never done that and wouldn't. This HoF was 4 months for 9 movies. The Noir IV HoF had 12 movies and was done in half the time, 2 months. Just sayin
Ya it's kind of a give and take game. A lot of us needed the time to finish this that was given. Of course it didn't help it was sandwiched between quite a busy time of year.

The less time given, the more pressure and the less participants too, but I totally get what you are saying. I think 2 months for 9 movies is pretty legit. 12 in two months is possible but would be a close call for someone like me.

Ya it's kind of a give and take game. A lot of us needed the time to finish this that was given. Of course it didn't help it was sandwiched between quite a busy time of year.

The less time given, the more pressure and the less participants too, but I totally get what you are saying. I think 2 months for 9 movies is pretty legit. 12 in two months is possible but would be a close call for someone like me.
Agreed again, 12 movies in 2 months was too fast....But like you said 2 months for 9 movies would be the sweet spot.

I wish we could encourage some new people to join, I see people posting about movies here every day here but so far they haven't ventured into the HoFs.

Young Man with a Horn? Obviously I missed that one because I've never heard of it.
You never heard of it? It's fairly well known for a 1950s film. I think it was my #1 on my voting ballot, but kinda hard to remember that far back

You never heard of it? It's fairly well known for a 1950s film. I think it was my #1 on my voting ballot, but kinda hard to remember that far back
Not that I recall

The only one of those HoF winners that I haven't seen is Autumn Sonata from the 4th HoF.
Autumn Sonota is fantastic. You should definitely check it out.

Young Man With A Horn is the only one I've not seen either. Of course I think I've only missed 4 of these
Impressive! I believe you must hold the record for being in the most Main HoFs?

I believe I've been in the most HoFs overall (genre and main)...maybe I should go count them