Name The musician/singer

Tools    

Surprised that no one got this one. It's Bernard Herrmann, one of the all time greatest film composers. He was of course put on the map big time with all of his fascinating Hitchcock scores.

I think Stirchley had the last full correct answer, so she'd be up...

Sorry Doc I was totally stumped on that one. And sorry to say, never heard of him. Which may also be the case for this next guy. Who I've enjoyed seeing & hearing in concerts several times.

No one seems to be around this thread now, so I'm going to jump in and hope no one minds if I offer a post - with the warning - you really have to be a folkie dokie lover of roots type music to know him.

Ya gotta get up early in the morning to get it; and ya gotta love these kind of guys with a purple passion .

have to be a folkie dokie lover of roots type music to know him.

that leaves me out of the loop LL. From memory I did listen to some music of a Arlo Guthrie when I was younger. is it him?

No ( phooey the mofo cyber gremlin just erased my post, have to start again from memory. )

I'm glad you know Arlo. As a movie fan, you may have known him from his song that was made into a film: Alice's Restaurant.

This guy is a singer songwriter of the same type or 'level' He had several 'signature songs' that have often been played in the type of song circles I attend. ( the cryptic clue of the 'purple
morning ' is a hint)

This may be of no interest to you spookie, but he wasn't a bad lookin' ' fellow . In fact, when he was young and starting out; his record company promoted, probably to his embarrassment , the fact that he was quite handsome. One of the tag lines they used went something
like:
'How can anyone who looks this good sound this good?'

I was too young to see him when he was young .

But I have seen him a number of times, when he's been older.He had moved to Europe, Amsterdam I believe, for some time , and then returned to visit the states on tour .

Still handsome

Sorry Doc I was totally stumped on that one. And sorry to say, never heard of him. Which may also be the case for this next guy. Who I've enjoyed seeing & hearing in concerts several times.
I thought sure you'd get Herrmann, LL. He scored the greatest of Hitch's films from 1955 to 1964 (7), although his great score for Torn Curtain sadly and idiotically was not used due to artistic differences.

I think I know your folk singer. It it's the guy in mind, he was born in my rearing city of Pittsburgh, about a year and a half before I..

~Doc

Hermann unknown to me, I had first looked up John Willians but saw it wasn't him. Always interesting to learn tho.

I think you've got the guy , Doc; whose songs were covered by folks like Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan. Do you have the name?

PS - not Latino, spookie, Norwegian.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	46166  

No clue

Hermann unknown to me, I had first looked up John Willians but saw it wasn't him. Always interesting to learn tho.

I think you've got the guy , Doc; whose songs were covered by folks like Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan. Do you have the name?

PS - not Latino, spookie, Norwegian.
Is it Eric Andersen?

Yes, Doc; Eric Anderson it is, who wrote Violets of Dawn. And Thirsty Boots, Is it Really Love At All, and my own personal favorite, the slow and mesmerizing, nearly mystical: Blue River.

Good on you for getting this -tho he's a headliner in roots music, not well known beyond that sphere. I could probably name a folkie dokey or two that Judy Collins never heard of.

Here 's another of the handsome lad, wonder if you ever bumped into him in Pittsburg?