26th Hall of Fame

Tools    

full ballot time (with ratings for spice)

01. The Passion of Joan of Arc

02. Daisies

03. Angel-A

04. Sweet Smell of Success

05. The Celebration

(Cinema Paradiso)

06. Tower

07. The Wizard of Oz

08. Last Year at Marienbad

09. All the President's Men

10. Not Quite Hollywood

11. And Then There Were None

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
CONGRATS @Allaby for the win and THANK YOU @SpelingError for hosting!!

Very happy with how it all turned out and thoroughly enjoyed the variety of this HoF. With the final four, I had President's Men at #4, Sweet Smell of Success at #3, and the only reason I had Joan of Arc so low at #9 is ONLY because of hard a watch it is for me. It is an exceptional film and very glad to see it score as high as it did. And, of course, VERY HAPPY to see a childhood favorite take #1 which I had at #2 on my ballot.

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!

1. Angel-A #7/#8 TIE
2. The Wizard of Oz #1
3. Sweet Smell of Success TIE #3/#2
4. All the President's Men #4
5. And Then There Were None #9
6. Last Year At Marienbad #7/#8 TIE
7. Celebration #6
8. Cinema Paradiso DQ
9. The Passion of Joan of Arc TIE #3/#2
10. Not Quite Hollywood #11
11. Tower #5
12. Daisies #10

Also, since I'll be Hosting #27, I'll be creating a Thread for it after the Holidays on the second Sunday of January, aka January 9

In the meantime, to quote from one of my traditional Christmas movie watches, God Bless us, everyone!

I would've been happy if any of the top 3 won. Glad some of you liked one of my Top 10 movies in my profile, Sweet Smell of Success.

I'm a bit surprised Wizard of Oz won, BUT It's well worthy of indoctrination into the MoFo Movie Hall of Fame....Congrats Allaby!

and thanks to everyone who participated and finished

Awesome hosting job SpelingError! Hope you host again!

My voting list:
1 Sweet Smell of Success
2 Angel-A
3 The Wizard of Oz
4 All the President's Men
5 The Passion of Joan of Arc
6 Daisies
7 Cinema Paradiso
8 And Then There Were None
9 Tower
10 The Celebration
11 Last Year At Marienbad
12 Not Quite Hollywood

This was my second watching of Sweet Smell of Success and my enjoyment and opinion of it were incredibly higher than my initial watch where I simply hated everyone and their sleazy behavior. D@mn glad you nominated it, CR.

The trick is not minding
Great job hosting, Spell!

My ballot was as follows:

1. The Passion of Joan of Arc
2. Tower
3. All the Presidents Men
4. Sweet Smell of Success
5. Daisies
6. The Wizard of Oz
7. Last Year at Marienbad
8. The Celebration (Festen)
9. And Then There Were None
10. Not Quite Hollywood
11. Angel A
12 Cinema Paradiso (disqualified)

This was my second watching of Sweet Smell of Success and my enjoyment and opinion of it were incredibly higher than my initial watch where I simply hated everyone and their sleazy behavior. D@mn glad you nominated it, CR.
I guess I like movies with sleazy characters, I've nominated several like that...and I'm considering another with the same type of characters.

I forgot the opening line.
Woah! That was quick. Okay, my first Hall of Fame - so now I know it's not a gradual build-up to the winner.

Bummer - because I didn't care at all where my selection came as long as it didn't come up last - and it came up last. To start with my first Hall of Fame I mainly went for something I was pretty sure nobody here would have seen before. I can see myself varying and mixing it up a lot concerning the type of film I nominate. Anyway, I can always regale people now with the story how my first Hall of Fame pick came dead last - or perhaps even all my Hall of Fame picks come last. But I have a feeling the different directions I take might mean mixed results.

I voted mostly in order of what I thought of the films, except in 2 places where my vote was strategic. In both of those cases it didn't effect the result, but something inside of me kind of regretted not voting strictly in order of what I thought of the films - I'll show the difference below. At the moment I was voting, I really wanted Sweet Smell of Success to win this Hall of Fame, because as a winner, people might notice it more - and more people have to be made aware of this awesome film. If I'd given myself a day or two to ponder my voting, Sweet Smell of Success would have been third. When we started, I desperately wanted The Passion of Joan of Arc to win. Also, I put my film 2nd on my ballot just to try and help it not come last. But it came last anyway. Don't feel bad for me - I really enjoyed all of the films I hadn't seen before, and my first Hall of Fame.

My strategic actual votes :

1) Sweet Smell of Success (1957)
2) Not Quite Hollywood (2008)
3) The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928)
4) The Wizard of Oz (1939)
5) Last Year at Marienbad (1960)
6) All the President's Men (1976)
7) The Celebration (1998)
8) Tower (2016)
9) Cinema Paradiso (1988)
10) Daisies (1966)
11) Angel-A (2005)
12) And Then There Were None (2015)

How I would have gone if I had my time again and voted strictly in line with what I thought of each film :

1) The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928)
2) The Wizard of Oz (1939)
3) Sweet Smell of Success (1957)
4) Last Year at Marienbad (1960)
5) All the President's Men (1976)
6) The Celebration (1998)
7) Tower (2016)
8) Cinema Paradiso (1988)
9) Not Quite Hollywood (2008)
10) Daisies (1966)
11) Angel-A (2005)
12) And Then There Were None (2015)

Obviously, I don't mind The Wizard of Oz making the Hall of Fame - it thoroughly deserves to - but - it pains me a great deal that The Passion of Joan of Arc didn't make it. It's also a shame Sweet Smell of Success didn't. Those things more than my selection coming last 😭

I had a wonderful, and painful time. I really hope these Hall of Fames continue long into the future so I can get to experience it many times again.

Big thanks to @SpelingError for hosting! And everybody!

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

...I didn't care at all where my selection came as long as it didn't come up last - and it came up last.

I had a wonderful, and painful time. I really hope these Hall of Fames continue long into the future so I can get to experience it many times again.

Big thanks to @SpelingError for hosting! And everybody!
So glad you joined! and I hope you'll join a bunch more too, you've been a really good member. Oh BTW I've had HoF films finish last, think most of us old HoFers have

Like CR mentioned a lot of us have been last. I have and the majority of mine have been on the lower end of the final vote.
So don't worry about that. Its the experience and opportunity to see films you normally wouldn't see that always brings me back.

I've been in 3 of these now and I think my picks have all finished bottom 3 and I don't see that changing in the future lmao but this is a fun way to see a lot of films I "should" see that I normally wouldn't get around to and the company ain't bad either

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
My voting list

1 Wizard of Oz
2 Tower
3 And Then There Were None
4 Sweet Smell of Success
5 All the President's Men
6 Angel-a
7 Cinema Paradiso
8 Festen
9 Last Year at Marienbad
10 The Passion of Joan of Arc
11 Not Quite Hollywood
12 Daisies

Thanks for Speling for hosting and thanks to Ed for grabbing the reins on the next one. At one point I figured out what I was going to nominate on the next one but I've honestly forgotten that already.

Wizard Of Oz
Presidents Men
Sweet Smell
Last Year At Marienbad
Cinema Paradiso
Tower
Passion Of Joan
The Celebration
Then There Were None
Angel A
Not Quite Hollywood
Daisies

My list. Thanks Spelling for hosting. Thanks everyone for participating. It was a blast.