MoFo Fantasy Football 2023 - The Season

Tools    

The trick is not minding
80-49 gives me some hope that, along with Mostert and Elliot yet, I can stay ahead just enough after tonight to hold off Hockenson and Addison tomorrow night.

There’s a slim chance I can win this.

Very slim.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Don't worry, fate gave it right back with Bijan basically being a healthy scratch because he "didn't feel well." If they announce that BEFORE the game I sub in Hunt and he gets 15. Bleh.

Anyway, as it stands now I might be 2-5...with my only wins coming when I was the top score that week. Anything less, loss.
He had a carry and then felt sick I'm guessing

This is a little dramatic given that you're still going to be 4-3.
The record doesnt matter. I sounded dramatic but was meaning to be realistic. The fact my top 2 WRs can't even get 5 points combined says it all. I just don't got the juice.

Mahomes looked like his old self today though

The trick is not minding
Nursing a nearly 9 point lead against Adam while he has two players left. Pretty much a loss, unless San Francisco completely shuts them down.
Either way, I expected a loss to start the week, so not a total surprise. Need to start chaining more wins together, however

A lot of games this week are coming down to the Monday nighter. Seems like a good night to go bowling. Everybody crushed it in the pick em league this week- Woof!

"What's our record, *Barry*?"
"2-5"
"2-5...how'd we ever win two?"
"It's a miracle."
"It's a miracle"

Bummer! Looks like left a 30 spot on the bench this week. Thats a real bummer man. Wish I would have been smart enough to not run Watson out there. I have been reading NFL injury reports for decades. Decades... and to this day I can honestly say I haven't read one yet where I really knew how hurt a guy actually is. And I am pretty adept at guessing wrong to with that information. Which is notable. I says.

Bummer! Looks like left a 30 spot on the bench this week. Thats a real bummer man. Wish I would have been smart enough to not run Watson out there. I have been reading NFL injury reports for decades. Decades... and to this day I can honestly say I haven't read one yet where I really knew how hurt a guy actually is. And I am pretty adept at guessing wrong to with that information. Which is notable. I says.
I’m still not 100% confident. If SF D scores I might be toast.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
A lot of games this week are coming down to the Monday nighter. Seems like a good night to go bowling. Everybody crushed it in the pick em league this week- Woof!

"What's our record, *Barry*?"
"2-5"
"2-5...how'd we ever win two?"
"It's a miracle."
"It's a miracle"
Yeah I thought I did really bad in the picks then I realized that was everybody.

Going against Holden this week, which means I'm facing Tua, the QB I traded to him, against a banged-up Eagles secondary. Meanwhile, due to the Fields injury, I'm now starting Stafford, who was initially Holden's back-up. Hopefully Mark Andrews has a spike week so that trade works out in my favor for this match-up, but I'm not feeling particularly optimistic at the moment.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The trick is not minding
I expected Miami to struggle against a Philly team looking to make up for last weeks loss.

I was worried about Mosterts and Diggs matchups, and was right. Although Diggs did have a TD.

Brown was a bust. Godwin once again hauled in catches and decent yardage but no TD.

Fully expecting another Monday night football rally from my opponent tonight.

Oh well.

The trick is not minding
With the way the season is going, I don’t see any clear contender yet. Wide Right, WtLB and The Clowns will be 5-2 after this week, if the scores and predictions hold up as expected, but there’s too many questions with each team. Last year I started 5-2 before injuries to my RB and lack of a decent WR brought me to a 7-7 finish. I was lucky to make the playoffs. Raul was 5-5 at one point. Any team can get hot suddenly.

This is especially true with the glut of 4-3 and 3-4 teams that are vying for the 4-6 playoff spots. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few of vying for those spots go on a big winning streak to secure a spot. You don’t even have to be a high scoring team to get there (I wasn’t last year).

The trick is not minding
Also, we can use this time to poke fun at Yoda’s terrible luck with injuries lately. Bijan vanishes with….headaches? That’s developing, as NFL wants to know more.
And now Ford hurt his ankle yesterday and reports have him wearing a boot.

Just kidding Yoda! Except about the injuries. Those are real.

I didn't know about the Ford thing. A boot?!

I think this is the fourth time this year I've learned about some horrible injury from you, in this thread.