Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The only one who saw it? This is movie forum.

Also... you never heard of The Art House Mafia?
let me check it out thanks

“I was cured, all right!”

Go Keanu! Just do another movie like this!
Unbelievable directional debut (if you love this kind of action of course)!!!
NO shaky cam, awesome choreography, badass soundtrack and a awesome villain!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Why didn't I know this before. I HAVE TO WATCH IT NOW!!!!!!11
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I put this in the same category of films as American Pie. By that I mean I did not see this film when it first came out and by time I did, I can't connect with it. The movie involves a group of high school kids trying to score booze so they can get laid. I'm 31 years old, I can't relate to these issues. Not to mention their is way too much Michael Cera in this movie who is a dweeb and Jonah Hill is not in Moneyball or The Wolf of Wall Street form yet. Only thing I got out of it was that I think that between Cera's peculiarities with sex and girl and Hill's obsession wih drawing penises, I think both characters were both closeted homosexuals. I also think the last shot of them as they stared at each other as they went their separate ways in the mall was them saying goodbye as they leave with their beards. Maybe if I had seen this when I was 22 I would have liked it, but I doubt it.

There Was a Father (1942)

+

A little different from most of the movies I've seen from director Ozu, this focuses on 15 years of a father/son relationship. He is a widower, and we see the boy as a 10 year old and a 25 year old. Ozu regular Chishu Ryu is excellent as the father. This is definitely one of the best movies I've seen that is about the relationship between father and son, and I think it would be quite sentimental for many viewers. The only problem is the mediocre restoration. The picture did not hurt my viewing, but the constant staticky sound was an annoying distraction.

Legend in my own mind

Legend 2015

Although I have read a lot about the Krays, this is the first time I have watched this due to it's mixed reviews.

I quite enjoyed it. Hardy was superb x2

Was a lot better than I expected and it wasn't too Hollywoodised.

Ronnie Kray

Pawno (2015) 4/10
Such a boring Movie it only goes for over 80 minutes but it felt like 4 hours.
There were 2 good scenes in the Movie but the rest is painfully boring.

Everybody Wants Some!! (2016) 3/10
Decided this based on liking Richard Linklaters previous work and seeing this got nominated for best cast on this site.
This Movie was another terribly paced boring movie and the acting in this piece of **** sucked. The soundtrack was good though but it's pretty hard to **** up a soundtrack to a movie set in the 70's.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009)

I'm not sure who here on MoFo recommended this movie, but whoever you are, I may never forgive you for making me watch this movie. I loved the movie, but I cried through almost the entire second half of the movie.

WARNING: "MAJOR SPOILERS for "Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009)"!!!" spoilers below
Watching Hachi waiting at the train station for someone who was never going to come home was heartbreaking. By the time the movie was over, I don't know if I was sad that he died or happy that they were reunited again.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hachi-A-Dogs-Tale2009.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	29456  

Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009)

I'm not sure who here on MoFo recommended this movie, but whoever you are, I may never forgive you for making me watch this movie. I loved the movie, but I cried through almost the entire second half of the movie.

WARNING: "MAJOR SPOILERS for "Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009)"!!!" spoilers below
Watching Hachi waiting at the train station for someone who was never going to come home was heartbreaking. By the time the movie was over, I don't know if I was sad that he died or happy that they were reunited again.

There's an episode of the show Futurama "Jurrasic Bark", that is famous for being powerful. Personally i think it is pretty weak coz it is just a retelling of the Hachiko story with manipulative music. So is Hachi: A Dog's Tale, both of them really annoy me just for existing. If it is your introduction to the story then fair enough though.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
There's an episode of the show Futurama "Jurrasic Bark", that is famous for being powerful. Personally i think it is pretty weak coz it is just a retelling of the Hachiko story with manipulative music. So is Hachi: A Dog's Tale, both of them really annoy me just for existing. If it is your introduction to the story then fair enough though.

I don't watch "Futurama", and I didn't know anything about the Hachiko story before watching this movie, so this is the only version of this story that I've seen. And tbh, after watching that, I don't think I could sit through another one for a while.

Rewatched Skyline for the first time since I saw it on release day in the Cinema when I gave it a 4/10 for bad pacing, irregular acting and poor ending.
I watched it now with no hype and a fresh pair of eyes and and aimed to view it purely as a mindless scifi action movie and now have changed my rating to a 6/10 as yes the story is badly plotted and the acting pretty lax but the monsters are cool, the action pretty impressive and it was a fun ride.
Look forward to the sequel this year.