Social Justice, Political Correctness, and the Left

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yeah!!!

I will say, though, I really object to the term SJW simply because the SJWs on tumblr etc have made it such a dirty word with their hatred and weekend warrior extremism. They give middle path Human Rights Advocates a bad name.

Thus endeth my sermon. Continue normal broadcast Going to make a pot of tea.

Welcome to the human race...
The pendulum is already swinging back against political correctness and social "justice." The progressive crowd has become a parody of itself and alienated more sane liberals in the process, pushing them to the center. They use loaded language against anyone they disagree with. Bigot, racist, misogynist, sexist, fascist, -phobic, these terms have lost all power now that they are used so frequently and carelessly.

It won't last though. They've proven time and time again that they eat their own, engaging in a never-ending competition of who is more oppressed and marginalized, and therefore more virtuous. Like a pack of starved animals, they turn on their allies the moment they slip up and say something even slightly flippant or "incorrect." Also, like another poster pointed out, these people are not having many children. Furthermore, the new Generation Z has been shown to be the most conservative cohort since WW2.
On the other hand, consider the term "SJW". It used to be that "SJW" would be reserved for actual extremists who let their extremist attitudes interfere with their ability to affect positive social change (hence why they got their own particular term), but now it gets thrown at anyone whose politics lean any further left than centre-right. That wasn't always such a loaded word, but it got turned into one by people who were looking for their own versions of "bigot" or "fascist" to use against their political opponents. That's why we have to deal with words like "libtard" or "snowflake" or "trigglypuff" that are used to dismiss any disagreeable viewpoints and only serve to undermine what Yoda referred to as "the liberal idea of free speech".

Meanwhile, if the problem is that the left is too concerned with tearing itself apart for the sake of ideological purity, then the right's problem is that it's too willing to compromise its own ideology for what it perceives to be the greater good. It's the kind of party-first mentality that led to Trump becoming the most viable Republican candidate off the back of his waves of popularity even though he might very well be the most politically inexperienced Presidential candidate in American history. It's the kind of thinking that led Republican electoral college voters to dismiss concerned anti-Trump citizens as "believing propaganda" even when other Republicans were opposing his more aberrant behaviour and plans. It's also why the right were willing to go along with Milo Yiannopoulos and his long history of words and action against the marginalised up until he finally slipped up in a way they couldn't tolerate (and even then, people are still willing to defend him). It's why trying to articulate questions or criticisms of specific individuals or policies gets received with scorn and challenged at length less out of a desire for civil discussion than out of a desire to waste the opponent's time or "test one's debate skills".

That wasn't always such a loaded word, but it got turned into one by people who were looking for their own versions of "bigot" or "fascist" to use against their political opponents. That's why we have to deal with words like "libtard" or "snowflake" or "trigglypuff" that are used to dismiss any disagreeable viewpoints and only serve to undermine what Yoda referred to as "the liberal idea of free speech".
While I agree that these terms are glib, lazy, and allow people to avoid engaging with the underlying ideas, they don't undermine the idea of free speech itself. Individual examples may be awful/bad/whatever, but as long as they're merely countering speech with speech, there's no serious threat to the concept.

The big, shiny, glowing line of demarcation is not whether something is thoughtful, or even whether something is intended to shut down debate. It's whether speech is elevated to the same level as violence, and consequently threatened with violence. That's when the liberal idea of free speech is undermined.

LOL just saw the ultimate guideline for SJWs, third wave feminists and crying Red Pillers. Gotta be ll inclusive or it's not PC

edit. see below

That guy does a really good one on vegans -v- carnivores as well

Yoda sent me the YT one instead (Thanks Champ)

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Yoda sent me the YT one instead (Thanks Champ)

This cracked me up:

This cracked me up:

I'm so offended I couldnt even keep watching. Do they destroy that biatch for whining like an SJW?

MC for the Great Underground Circus
I'm so offended I couldnt even keep watching. Do they destroy that biatch for whining like an SJW?
The cop car transformer killed the black guy.

The cop car transformer killed the black guy.

And not the whiny chick? I'm offended.

Offendocons. bwhhhha

We live in the era of political correctness . That era will come to an end when the politically correct people become a minority of the population , and that will happen because the politically correct advanced people don't seem to be interested in producing much children .

Just like the Roman empire reached a high point in civilisation but was later over run by barbarians , so we have reached the highest point in civilisation . From here it's all going to be downhill .
TheY WERE NEVER A MAJORITY, THEY JUST RIGGED CERTAIN INSTITUTIONS.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
I'd really like to know where all these rabid SJWa are. I keep hearing about them littering websites like tumblr but I've yet to find a whole pack of them. I think we'd get on well. I wish I knew where they were

Legend in my own mind