Poems

Tools    

BANNED
Okay, I'll try to stay quiet from now on! Unless, of course, something forces me to open my big mouth!

Originally posted by Django
That's a major oversimplification of what I said. My comments are based on all the evidence I have pertaining to the life of Patton, from which I attempt to sketch out the kind of man he must have been. Based on the evidence at my disposal, he comes across, to me, as a ruthless warmonger who lost his humanity somewhere along the way.
It's not an oversimplification at all. It doesn't leave any major point out. You say he's a horrible man, and you're basing that on just two things: 1) effective motivational trash-talk, and 2) the fact that he was scolded and removed from his command. You don't know WHY he was removed, but you're just assuming it's something horrible that would put him in league with men like Hitler and Bin Laden.

Yoda, what you are doing is facetious! You're using linear logic to justify your lame stand. Try looking at the big picture, for a change--assess the facts a little more holistically instead of sticking with a linear approach, which gets pretty tedious after awhile, to tell you the truth.
My summary of your claims is accurate. You're trying to cloud it, though, and I don't blame you...if I were making your sorts of arguments, I'd try to cloud things, too. But it comes down to simple facts: you have nothing but trash-talk and guesswork, and in any reasonable person's book, that's not NEARLY enough to justify the accusations you've thrown around.

Hey, maybe Yoda could edit this argument into another thread, so as not to spoil the poetry thread!
This is a thread that need be spoiled.

Most people I have come across seem to share my opinion.
Translation: Dejango shares his own opinion… just as I suspected.

I don't deny that Patton did many things that are unquestionably commendable. But you make him out to be some kind of martyr, when he was hardly that. He was a ruthless warmonger who thrived--exulted--on war. He went to war not to serve some higher cause or to fight the Nazis. He went to war because he believed that "compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance"--he actually enjoyed fighting and murdering people. That was his calling in life--to be a ruthless warmonger, to fight in wars for no other reason except that he enjoyed it. That's what made him so feared and successful--he took pleasure in killing the enemy and in terrorizing the crap out of him. His terror tactics made him a terrorist, arguably, and, consequently, as feared and terrible as he was. Fact is, Patton got a kick out of going to war and kicking the enemy's butt--not just that, but totally annihilating the enemy and grinding him to a powder. Does that make him a hero? I would argue--no. It makes him a seriously deranged psychotic--a murderous madman. I think Eisenhower thought so too, which is why he removed Patton from command.
Patton was a career military man… not a monster and not a murderer… had it not been for Patton and men like him, America wouldn’t even have been here for you to move to… you need to think about that before you start calling someone a deranged psycho and murderous madman based on a few quotes and a speech they made… and it is very apparent that is all you have been basing your opinion on. I guess you missed these though…

“The leader must be an actor." ~ General George S. Patton

AND

"Sure, we want to go home. We want this war over with. The quickest way to get it over with is to go get the bastards who started it. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we can go home.” ~ General George S. Patton

You keep spouting off about Patton’s Commanding Officer reprimanding him but apparently it has never even dawned on you that that same Commanding Officer was also issuing the orders Patton was following...

I’m not going to repeat this again… so pay attention. Patton was not relieved of his duties at the climax of the Normandy invasion…

Germany surrendered on May 8, 1945... Japan surrendered on August 14, 1945...
Patton was relieved of his command of the 3rd Army on October 29, 1945...
Almost 3 months after WWII was over… and after he was removed from commanding the 3rd Army, he was given command of the 15th Army which was being formed to do an in depth study of WWII to see where American military weaknesses and strengths were…

As far as why Patton was reprimanded… it was all political and I am not going to repeat myself on the whys… I will, however, say that by the end of 1945 Eisenhower had changed his mind and agreed with Patton… unfortunately he never had the chance to tell him though because Patton died before he could…

Hardly delusional. I am simply stating the facts and my personal opinions based on the facts. Decorated he may have been, but he was also a major league whacko. Patton was in the war for no other reason than that he enjoyed it. It was fun for him. That makes him a serious fruitcake in my book.
No… you have not been stating the facts… you have tried to turn your own personal opinions into facts… there is a difference.

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

BANNED
Okay, Caitlyn! You win! Whatever . . .

You know, the metaphorical throwing up of hands and mock submission bit only works if you've established your argument somehow. It comes off as downright pretentious if done in response to being flatly contradicted with verifiable facts.

BANNED
The real reason I'm conceding here is because this is the friggin' POETRY thread and, secondly, because I'm too busy trying to earn a living to research on Patton. As I see it, this debate could continue forever, and, frankly, I don't have the time!

Patton
He makes me think of satin
just because his last name rhymes with it
It also rhymes with latin
and "cattin"
But cattin isn't a real word
It's just a good way
to describe
a type of cat-like activity
I know I'm not making much sense
but it's because it's 2 AM
So leave me alone
So go use the phone
Oh Oh Oh
Patton

The real reason I'm conceding here is because this is the friggin' POETRY thread and, secondly, because I'm too busy trying to earn a living to research on Patton. As I see it, this debate could continue forever, and, frankly, I don't have the time!
Um, don't you see any irony in the fact that the argument started because you made claims about Patton, but that you can't continue it because you don't know enough about him offhand? By your own admission, your original claims were hollow.

Anyway, the "not enough time" explanation still doesn't wash, given the frequency of your visits/posting.

BANNED
I liked Celeb's poem better than your rantings, Yoda!

Anyway, like I said, I don't have the time to carry on with this debate. I have already posted what I believe to be sufficient justification for my claims. You keep challenging my claims and clamoring for more evidence. I just don't have the free time to research further on this. Make of this what you will!

BANNED
By the way, here's a historical impersonator playing Patton:
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	patton2.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	869  

I liked Celeb's poem better than your rantings, Yoda!
Wow. Shocking that you would prefer a non-threatening poem to a scathing criticism of your shortcomings. I sure as hell didn't see that coming.

Anyway, like I said, I don't have the time to carry on with this debate. I have already posted what I believe to be sufficient justification for my claims. You keep challenging my claims and clamoring for more evidence. I just don't have the free time to research further on this. Make of this what you will!
Yeah, I, uh, already debunked both of those claims. See my last post for details.

BANNED
And here's another quote from Patton:
Attachments

Name:	patton3.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	870  

And here's another quote from Patton
If you're trying to make that quote out to be negative, you are completely and utterly detached from reality.

BANNED
Originally posted by Yoda
Here's a contemporary impersonator playing you.

LOL! Jim Carrey? FYI, I've already hired Stallone to play me! He does a much better job!

Originally posted by Yoda

Yeah, I, uh, already debunked both of those claims. See my last post for details.
Wow! Some things just don't register, do they? No matter how many times I repeat them!

BANNED
Yoda, here's a contemporary impersonator playing you :
Attachments

Name:	moron1.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	871  

Originally posted by Dejango

LOL! Jim Carrey? FYI, I've already hired Stallone to play me! He does a much better job!
Considering Stallone charges millions, if you can afford to pay him to play you, then you should be able to afford to take enough time off to produce proof of all the accusations you’ve posted… end of story.

BANNED
Sly's an old friend. He's impersonating me for free!