I'm Becoming a Fabulous Atheist

Tools    

His name is David Icke. And Bea Arthur could whip him good

(She looks a bit like a lizard, and he is mortally afraid of lizards. No joke.)
I've got the perfect picture for this....

there's a frog in my snake oil
Cometh the moment, cometh the painting of Bea Arthur wrestling dinosaurs

Cometh the moment, cometh the painting of Bea Arthur wrestling dinosaurs
I like to think that wherever she is now (because she's dead), she's at least having a jolly good time wrestling dinosaurs.

Female Jungle Poster
I wish I had a pet gecko.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

He was a very manly goalie for Coventry City. And then a sports commentator. And then the Son of God.

His name is David Icke. And Bea Arthur could whip him good

(She looks a bit like a lizard, and he is mortally afraid of lizards. No joke.)
I thought that picture of Icke (who I don't know from Adam) was that weird faith healer who's on Mexican TV. Don't know his/her name but she/he has the same androgynous look as the guy in the photo.

Went out to the Internet to look up Icke. That's a really old picture, isn't it? I saw one in which he looked like an old and consumptive white-headed Spock. Man, he's really looney tunes!

Indeed he is, ruf. Indeed he is.

The pic I posted was from around the time he 'came out' on national tv as the son of God. Late 80's I think.
Speaking of images of God, I've always been struck by how the early Christian icons picture Jesus and God looking very Middle Eastern with dark hair and dark eyes, as well they should with their Jewish roots. But then at some point in the Renaissance Jesus goes Nordic with blonde hair and blue eyes, and that's the way he's pictured today in Baptist literature!

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
In my experience, many believers have thought about their beliefs a great deal. I know I have. I'm not sure if you're implying otherwise, but most people don't believe just because they've never bothered to ask themselves such a simple question.
I didn't mean to imply you haven't considered your faith. I don't really know anyone's struggle with faith.

I simply wonder what makes you believe in the divinity of Christ and the everlasting soul. You believe what you read in the Gospels. But what empowers the truth of the Gospel? It is my firmly held belief the existence of religion depends on the circular logic of:

Scripture confirms the existence X, so I believe X.
I know Scripture is true because X inspired Scripture.

This line of thinking is where I became an atheist. It made me realize these are just strories. Sometimes with great morals, sometimes not.

I admire Biblical Christ, and try to live by some of his Gospel:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God"

"Whatever you did for the least of my brothers, you have done so for Me."

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
I believe in my family, my life, because that's what I have a vested interest in. Everything else requires proof before I accept it, so right now I can't really believe in you.

you're correct to be skeptical. I question my own existence from time to time.