The 2022 MoFo Film Awards

Tools    

Best Supporting Actor

Unlike the award for Best Supporting Actress, the actors had a tougher fight on their hands, though the race was really only between two performances.

And the winner is...

Brendan Gleeson, The Banshees of Inisherin

Also with 8 points, Brendan Gleeson has taken the award.
His Banshees co-star Barry Keoghan earned 5 points and second place.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	best supporting actor.png
Views:	87
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	92576  

Cate Blanchett, Tár

With 9 votes, Cate Blanchett has earned first place.
Michelle Yeoh, who won the Oscar, will have to settle for second fiddle here.
Attachments

Name:	best actress.png
Views:	78
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	92577  

Best Actor

This is another category that was as close to unanimous as we can get. I doubt it'll come as much of a surprise, but let's just pretend there's a bit of suspense here for a moment.

And the winner is...

Colin Farrell, The Banshees of Inisherin

Boy, do we MoFos sure love The Banshees of Inisherin!
Colin Farrell completely ran away with this award, garnering more than half the available votes.
Attachments

Name:	best actor.png
Views:	78
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	92578  

Best Director

Unlike the award for Best Actor, the Best Director category was a much closer race. So close in fact, that the vote resulted in a tie, both for first place and the runner(s)-up.

And the winners are...

Martin McDonagh, The Banshees of Inisherin

Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert, Everything Everywhere All At Once

Finally Everything, Everywhere has earned a positive award!
The Daniels tied with Banshees director Martin McDonagh for first place.

Both Charlotte Wells and Steven Spielberg tied for third place.
Attachments

Name:	best director-1.png
Views:	82
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	92579   Click image for larger version

Name:	best director-2.png
Views:	84
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	92580  

Worst Film

While this is not exactly a coveted award, it is one of the categories that sets us MoFos apart from the Oscars. This was another fairly even race, but once again, there can be only one loser.

And the winner is...

Thor: Love and Thunder

Has super-hero fatigue truly set in? Are audiences finish with the MCU?
Has Taika Waititi lost his fans? Or did this tonal mess fail on its own merits?

Thor: Love and Thunder earned 6 votes.
Its fellow super-hero flick Morbius came in second.
Attachments

Name:	worst film.png
Views:	82
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	92581  

Best Film

And now, the award you've all been waiting for: Best Film of the Year!

With Banshees continue its winning streak, or is Everything Everywhere back in the game?
Perhaps we'll see a surprise victor in the final hour?
Points were spread thin for this category, but there was still a decisive victor crowned.

And the winner is...

The Banshees of Inisherin

Given how many other categories The Banshees of Inisherin absolutely smashed this year, this probably doesn't come as much of a surprise. It seemed like nothing could stop this juggernaut from sweeping our humble awards.

Everything Everywhere gave it a valiant effort, but was behind by 4 points and will have to settle for second place. Given how many negative categories it showed up in, it at least had some supporters where it counted the most.
Attachments

Name:	best film.png
Views:	85
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	92582  

Nice to see Banshees do so well. Of the “consensus” good films this year it was my fave.

Big surprise of the awards for me is that people thought Halloween Ends was going to be good.

Thank you everyone who participated or followed along! I hope to see you all here next year as well!

For easier readability, here is a text-only version of the winners:

Text-Only List of Winners  

Picking up from my last commentary post, there were a number of categories in a row where my favourites didn't win.

I voted for Janelle Monáe for Best Supporting Actress, Steven Yeun for Best Supporting Actor, and Michelle Yeoh for Best Actress. I went with Everything Everywhere All At Once for Best Screenplay

I did vote for Colin Farrell for Best Actor, and The Daniels for Best Director, so those two lined up with the category winners. My favourite film of the year however was The Menu, so it got my vote. It only received one other vote, but that's fine. I didn't expect it to really win anything haha.

Excellent presentation, Cosmic!

I wish I had seen these films so I had something to say about them but at least I'd heard of most of them, so still interesting for me to see the results. Nicely done...thanks for doing this for MoFo!

Big surprise of the awards for me is that people thought Halloween Ends was going to be good.
I thought the same thing! But then again, I had hope for The Bubble, so I'm not one to judge haha.

Thank you for hosting CR.
Thank you, and thanks for participating!

Excellent presentation, Cosmic!
Thank you! I wanted it to kind of throw back to how the awards looked when Suspect hosted them, while still being their own thing. I might make some changes for next year (especially with the design of the main banner), but I'm happy with the look of the categories.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Good hosting job, thank you Cosmic!

No surprise it was Banshees after it swept so many other categories. Everything Everywhere got hit by the backlash wagon.

Pretty sure I had Aftersun for best film. If you haven't seen that or The Quiet Girl, those are probably my top recs from the nominees.