The 29th Hall of Fame

Tools    

Click here to see where you can Anomalisa in the U.S.
It's stop motion animated, but I'll just say that you shouldn't watch it with children.

I'm looking forward to watching or re-watching all of these, especially Tomboy since I liked the director's Portrait of a Lady on Fire so much and La Promesse. The Dardennes can do no wrong.

Click here to see where you can Anomalisa in the U.S.
It's stop motion animated, but I'll just say that you shouldn't watch it with children.

I'm looking forward to watching or re-watching all of these, especially Tomboy since I liked the director's Portrait of a Lady on Fire so much and La Promesse. The Dardennes can do no wrong.
Dardenne Brothers are great. I have several of their films.

Dardenne Brothers are great. I have several of their films.
I've only seen The Son and Lorna's Silence, both of which I love. I also watched most of Rosetta on IFC many years ago. I should finish it some day, but it's been hard to track it down.

I've only seen The Son and Lorna's Silence, both of which I love. I also watched most of Rosetta on IFC many years ago. I should finish it some day, but it's been hard to track it down.
I have seen Lorna's Silence, Rosetta ( I have criterion) and The Infant which may be the same as The Son on DVD and a few others.

I have seen Lorna's Silence, Rosetta ( I have criterion) and The Infant which may be the same as The Son on DVD and a few others.
The Son/Le Fils is different from L'Enfant. It's from 2002 and unavailable everywhere, unfortunately. It may be on YouTube. I think you'd like it if you enjoyed those other ones.

The Son/Le Fils is different from L'Enfant. It's from 2002 and unavailable everywhere, unfortunately. It may be on YouTube. I think you'd like it if you enjoyed those other ones.
I take it you are a fan of French cinema?

I take it you are a fan of French cinema?
Definitely. It's probably my favorite country for foreign movies besides Japan. I especially like Melville and Tati's movies.
I'd join a French HoF pretty much right away (as long as I don't have too many other ones in progress, of course).

Definitely. It's probably my favorite country for foreign movies besides Japan. I especially like Melville and Tati's movies.
I'd join a French HoF pretty much right away (as long as I don't have too many other ones in progress, of course).
I enjoy French as well. Of course, Nordic is my #1. I haven't seen everything but I have seen a lot.

I found links for Das Boot in three different formats.
The Director's Cut in German with English subs.
The Director's Cut in 'dubbed' English by the original actors (so with German accents).
And I found the 4 hour 41 minute German mini series in German with English subs.

If anyone wants those links just let me know.

I enjoy French as well. Of course, Nordic is my #1. I haven't seen everything but I have seen a lot.
Neither have I, but as a Pusher trilogy fan, you can't go wrong with Mads!

Does anybody have a OK.RU account? I found two links for Ueno nom but they require an account to watch them. I don't speak Hindi so I need to find Enthiran (Robot) (2010) with English subs, so far I can't. Help please!

Does anybody have a OK.RU account? I found two links for Ueno nom but they require an account to watch them. I don't speak Hindi so I need to find Enthiran (Robot) (2010) with English subs, so far I can't. Help please!
I wonder if @SpelingError can find it.

Did we talk about it before? I don't think I have heard of your nom?
You won Personal Rec III on the strength of 3 first place votes-one of those first place votes came from me, for your recommendation of Vengeance is Mine.

Same director as Black Rain, a movie you nominated in a different HoF, and another movie I loved.

Didn't join this HoF since I wasn't sure how long it would take me to get through the trash in the Hall of Infamy (and whether or not it would kill my desire to watch films for awhile haha), but Black Rain was fantastic, so I'm interested in checking out Vengeance is Mine once I have the chance.

Speaking of the nominations, I'd love to rewatch Das Boot at some point too, but that thing is a real time commitment.

You won Personal Rec III on the strength of 3 first place votes-one of those first place votes came from me, for your recommendation of Vengeance is Mine.

Same director as Black Rain, a movie you nominated in a different HoF, and another movie I loved.
Ah, I see. Vengeance is Mine was a blind pick for you, but I though you'd love it and I was right! Good to know it's from the director of Black Rain, yeah I remember that one quite well.

Didn't join this HoF since I wasn't sure how long it would take me to get through the trash in the Hall of Infamy (and whether or not it would kill my desire to watch films for awhile haha), but Black Rain was fantastic, so I'm interested in checking out Vengeance is Mine once I have the chance.

Speaking of the nominations, I'd love to rewatch Das Boot at some point too, but that thing is a real time commitment.
Das Boot was original made as a mini series for German TV so I assume it words well just watching the segments over a number of nights, like the German audience did. I'm unsure of which of the three versions I'll watch. I might watch the full 4hour 41min version.

Really glad I joined this because there's plenty I haven't seen, and out of what I have seen, there's nothing I don't like or dread watching again.

I do not see a clear cut winner or loser, nothing I can confidently predict for the top 3 or bottom 3.

Vengeance is Mine CR picked this for me in a personal Rec, and Hey Fredrick also tried picking it for me. Hopefully some of you like it.

Adams Apples Watched this about a year ago or less by virtue of MG recommending it to me-loved it! We may not see Takoma join as she refused to watch it when I picked it for her in the comedy rec. Have no fear as I believe her decision to err on the side of caution was unfounded. I can't see anyone complaining about it

Stroszek Seen it once back for the 70's countdown and loved it.

Das Boot Seen it 2 or 3 times but it's been a while. Watched a version that was like 5 hours so the director's cut will be nothing.

Goldfinger Probably haven't seen it since I was a kid so I'm due.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers Seen it a couple of times but I largely forget it. I think it's because the remake sticks in my mind since I saw it at the cinema as a kid.

Out of the other 6, I've only heard of Anomalisa.