Need help with a horror/scifi?

Tools    

Watched this film a long while back, I don't remember very much. I think a guy 'the hero', maybe with other people, is in the desert and goes to an underground bunker or facility. The facility is inhabited by a humanoid alien race or possibly mutated humans.

At the end, I think the man leaves as the lone survivor with maybe one alien following him. Also, it might have been set in the future, maybe with techy weaponry

Film is probably from the 80's or 90's

No probs, been a while since I saw any of those tbh so was just grasping at vague memories.

Just had a brainfart...

Maybe one of the many incarnations of The Hills Have Eyes?

Seen Enemy Mine many times, definitely not that. The others looked a bit too old, having too low tech visual effects, the film was more modern, but not new enough for cgi. I said the aliens might be humanoid because of the physical dimensions, arms and legs normally proportioned.

It was thrilling and scary enough for me to think it a subgenre horror. I remember the aliens to be scary and humanoid-like. The muscular-like armor worn by Dracula in the opening of Coppola's Dracula might give a hint to their appearance, but not crimson in color, not sure though???

Remember watching it on a movie channel as a kid, prob late at night.

To try and fine tune its date a pinch, mid 80's through mid 90's

It is possible that they were humanoid monsters, sorry for being so vague?

We've gone on holiday by mistake
"The Arrival" with Charlie Sheen has a big Alien Base underground from what I remember.

^ That's not it but thanks. Might be in the b-movie category, I'd even say probably...

The Terror Within 1989, I finally found the film on Netflix. Turned out being muscle bound mutated humans with Fright Night sharp teeth. This is for sure the film I was talking about. Instead of leaving the bunker alone, his hubba hubba was by his side, heh heh!